Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time since I've been on here but I know the answer I'm looking for is in here. I must be doing something wrong in a search. The only thing I get back is try different search terms. How much can a Cub or Super A lift? Either by putting forks on a bucket or a boom on the back. Was there ever a boom designed for either one? I know there's going to be some range depending on the hydraulics, size of the piston and that. I'm just trying to get an idea of I can pick up my welder, stationary engine, other implements and that on my trailer, or would they only be good to 300 or 400#. Well, that got long winded. Thanks for anything anybody here knows

·
Registered
230 Posts
From what I have been reading, around 300 to 350 for the cub and around 350 to 400 for the super A. Someone else might have some more precise figures.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
With safety being the most important considereration I'd say no more than one can properly steer and control it with the load. Most likely less than 500 pounds. The higher one raises something the amount that could be safely handled and moved will decrease. I have had the front axle off the ground of them in the past. It is not hard to do. The rougher the ground, the less weight either one will handle safely.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks men. I was afraid it would be something like that. Too bad, I was looking at a real nice Super A that was in the budget. Always the way I guess

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I might should move this over to the Ford forum but does anybody know if the N Series tractors can pick up 8 or 900 #? I'm wondering if the 3 point makes it any better for me. From what I read it should be able to pick up the heavier stuff but they're only a cat 1 hitch

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
An 8N will lift 800 pounds according to it's specs.
From experience I know it will lift and tote a 6' Woods "heavy duty" rotary mower built in the late 60s.

·
Super Moderator
7,747 Posts
I have a neighbor with two 8Ns. His tractors lift and move the very tight 4x4 bales that my baler makes with ease.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, that's good, thanks. That'll do what I got to do. A good excuse to get something I wanted anyhow

1 - 8 of 8 Posts