Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think I could pull 2-12 or 2-14 ford style 3 point plow? It has the later CE motor and will spin the tires in 3rd with a snap of the throttle, the only thing I'm thinking will be a problem is being such a light tractor and not having weight on the rear wheels?
What do you guys think?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Got the front weight covered! ;)

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good one! .......Looks like I will need a depth wheel as there is no control on a B.

·
Super Moderator
1,508 Posts
Depending on your soil type, it will pull 2 12". It's not the power you'll be lacking it will be traction. We had to put 90% water in the rear tyres, plus wheel weights front & back.It pulled well in 2nd gear, & that was in a fairly heavy clay based soil.Did 5 acres a day.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Original plow was a 1-16.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Red Kiwi said:
Depending on your soil type, it will pull 2 12". It's not the power you'll be lacking it will be traction. We had to put 90% water in the rear tyres, plus wheel weights front & back.It pulled well in 2nd gear, & that was in a fairly heavy clay based soil.Did 5 acres a day.

They certainly are not lacking power for it thats right. they are more powerful than they look. Pulled a F-20 with mine. F 20 has flat and messed up tires and implements.

I have wheel weights to go on mine. they were aftermarket made in Oklahoma City

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stephenscity said:
R.W said:
Original plow was a 1-16.
Sorry Stand corrected :oops:
Looks like I stand corrected also and you were right. :) I always thought they were 16 inch bottoms. Who knew? ;)

·
Premium Member
366 Posts
The 14" is an older one pre hydraulic, not sure where it is right now, the 16 is the hyd lift type, and actually I can't locate it right now either.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts