Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New-to-me 1966 JD 2020 gasser just got delivered day before yesterday. Has a 47 loader on it with rotten hoses that look like they've been garbage picked from a scrap yard, though. Deciding whether to go 250 miles and grab Dad's hose crimpin' press and see if his stock of hose is any good still, or if it'd be cheaper to just have 'em made here. Probably just have some made here and grab the crimper etc. next time I'm down there on the coast.

Tractor has 1800 hrs on it, one owner as far as I know, loader was an add-on just a few years ago bought new but never hung on the tractor. Got it all set up yesterday and took 2 baths in hydraulic oil before deciding to replace hoses. But it does go up and down and dump and curl without binding. So that is a plus.

` vc

·
Super Moderator
1,550 Posts
Hello Packrat, welcome & thanks for joining ATF. Enjoy your JD(y)

Reactions: Packrat

·
Super Moderator
8,072 Posts
Howdy Packrat and welcome to ATF! It looks like a good useable tractor to me. It would be worth new hoses to me!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Kinda did a hybrid.... I went and got new load-side hoses (Lift and curl and their splits) for it and gonna deal with the return sides (drop and dump) after a run to Corpus or a run up here by daughter. Took a bath right after I posted this, one of the curl hoses cut loose upwind of me (of course!) 😂

1 - 6 of 6 Posts