Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got our mini-skid loader back from getting powder coated and found they also coated INSIDE of the hydraulic tank! Were not supposed too; but, somehow did!

Is this going to cause an issue? Or is it just fine and not worry about it!

This is on a Prodigy PowereHouse(Yes, that is what they call it! All 13 horsepower!) mini -skid steer loader!

Answers appreciated; I would hate to put it back together and a year from now have all the hydraulics go bad!

Thanks all.

·
Administrator
4,358 Posts
I wouldn't think it would cause a problem unless the paint starts coming loose. Lots of the insides of castings on tractors, where the oil for hydraulics is stored, were coated with some type of paint or primmer.

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
Adding to Bigdaves reply, as long as it has a filter before the pump, I wouldn't think it should hurt

·
Registered
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had contacted the powder coat co. They contacted me back and said 'May be a potential problem" very happily to remedy the situation. Cost me a few more miles, but, I think they are fair enough! It is a beautiful looking job so should still be alright! About 70 more miles total and a few days assembly delay is a lot better than future trouble.

I think they are treating me fair!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts