Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being a Police Officer you sometimes have to wear many hats.....Alot of folks have negative views of the things we do and think all we do is write tickets and arrest people for our own amusement.....that were close minded and we all think and do alike. Well just one of a few experiences in my 13 years I would like to share with you all since i'm proud of my profession and myself....for the good and the bad for the positives and negatives because all those experinces have made me who I am. I will never stop learning and I will never give up. Thanks for looking

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Good work Derrick!!! Anytime a standoff ends peacefully, no matter how long it takes, it's a good day. :D Ya done good. :cool:
Whether the Department issues you a commendation or not, you have one from me. Like that means anything. :roll:
Anyway, just for the service you chose to give your community, makes me proud to know you. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Derrick, That was a brave call on your part to stay with & console the fellow till he became calmer.
I knew that there was a "special thing" about you when we first corresponded here on ATF so long along ago & then when we met in person (for the first time) about a year ago.
As I mentioned some time back on the members that I've met in person & conversed with thru this forum, we are all "just good ol'e folks" that would give the shirt off our back to give you a helping hand when you might need it.

This commendation is something to really "TOOT YOUR OWN HORN ABOUT", - THAT'S FOR SURE.
Derrick, I'm real proud to call you a "good friend".

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Great Job derick! Thanks for sacrificing and being there for the folks that will no doubt need you :!: :D

·
Registered
438 Posts
Great job! This the kind of news that rarely gets mentioned by our news media.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow folks thank you all for your kind words and support.....I never expected to get this kind of response to posting my good job letter :D I will let you all know what the awards board does with it and to tell thruth just being recognized by the Sgt who wrote it, my co wrokers, and you folks is award enough. Thank you :D

1 - 18 of 18 Posts