Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a John deere 420w. I need an owners manual for it. I ordered one on line but did not get a book. They sent me the information on line. Does anyone have or know where I can get an original operators manual for a John Deere 420w? I just got it home after dark so I have not really studied it in the day light. There are three controls on the right side. I believe one is for the auxiliary hydraulic out lets in the back. One of the other two is for the three point hitch, but I don't know what the third one is for. The guy I bought it from didn't know either. I also want to know where I can get the hydraulic hose ends that will plug into the outlets in the back. I have many questions. I need help and appreciate any and all the help I can get. thank you in advance

·
Administrator
4,459 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Operators' manuals are available here about as cheap as one will find.
John Deere Model 420 Row Crop Utility Tractor Operators Manual SN 131301-up | eBay
A repair manual would be a good investment as well.
Not familiar with the controls.
Tractor Supply, Rural King, Orscheln, most any Farm stores will have an adapter for old John Deere to Pioneer type or just old style J.D. hydraulic fittings.
That manual is for sn131301 my serial number is 111008 I can't find one for that serial number. can you help me ? thank you

·
Super Moderator
8,677 Posts

John Deere Model 420

YearStarting Serial Number
1956​
80001​
1957​
100001​
1958​

Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
4,459 Posts
That manual is for sn131301 my serial number is 111008 I can't find one for that serial number. can you help me ? thank you
It can be found at Jen Sales.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts