Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Old member checking in. Lots has happened since I was last here. Somehow got lost and locked out. Gave up. Never forgot you guys. Checked today and got my old password and here I am, I guess. I see the post button, heeeeere we go....James

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Looks like it worked. I turned 65 and wife 62 so I went on S.S and medicare, wife on S.S this year. I retired at 55 from the city and moved way, way off grid. We had this place but as a get-away. I worked 2 summers at this little town as Public Works Director, then left. Needed cataract surgery, things didn't go well, heart issues. Got an RV, traveled 2 years, then this. We spent the last 2 summers at our beach cottage, social distancing, except for the kids. Doctors just let us take the J&J shot. Anyway just looking around, see some old faces....James

·
Administrator
4,357 Posts
Hey James....Great to hear from you. Just a handful of us left hanging around from when the place started.
It's changed to mostly a question and answer site. Newer members seem to not want to be social here any longer.
My bride and I are thinking about an RV when she retires in two years and travel around the country for a while.
You all take care and don't be a stranger.

·
Super Moderator
8,538 Posts
Howdy James from another old coot that still hangs around here. Glad to hear yall are well, and hope you come by often.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Dave, the RV was fun. We had a little 26' Class A Flair. We sold it last year and got a little shorty 1995 Chevy van this summer. Gave me something to do. It was a conversion and I redid the inside. Put a bed in the back and a port-a-potty. Took out one of the middle seats and installed a pivoting passenger seat. Put a chuck box inside the back doors under the bed for cooking. We use it to travel back and forth to the beach and shorter trips now. It has solar and we can hook it up to our off-grid cabin for extra 12v power.

Jim, not so well but still kicking. I used to see you over on Red Power when I would check in once in a while, hadn't logged in to "talk" for years. I see they closed the chat part. Seems no one knows how to chat anymore. Any way, good to see this place still around. I will see how it goes....James

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
Hello welcome back.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Just saw this. Hi, and welcome back

·
Registered
10 Posts
It's changed to mostly a question and answer site. Newer members seem to not want to be social here any longer.
That’s unfortunate. I did notice some 1 post users in the recent topics. That’s not necessarily a bad thing. I’m big into firearms and the forum I enjoy the most is 90% the same 20 guys every day. Small groups of good folks are much more enjoyable than large groups of idjits.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts