Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it's a Marvel Schebler TSX 813, I put a new shutoff valve on the gas tank, put a new glass sediment bowl on it and put a new rubber fuel line from the gas tank to the carburetor......when I start it up I now have to use a shot or two of starting fluid, an to KEEP it running I have to keep shooting the starting fluid to it, it's like no fuel is getting into the carburetor.....at the very top of the glass sediment bowl there is a bit of an air pocket and, I CAN see a bubble or two ?........any idea why an how to get rid of it ?....also, I pulled fuel cap on the tank to add more gasoline an I got a "whoooosh" like there was a good size vacuum built up,.....I read another thread awhile back, somebody said THEY were having trouble keeping the engine running, like it was starving for fuel, he said there was no vent hole in the gas cap,....same with mine, so I drilled a hole in the very top, ...............thanks in advance for any and all help,
Denny

·
Registered
20 Posts
Take it back apart and make sure all passages are clear and it's getting fuel in the bowl. Sounds like idle and main circuits clogged or not getting fuel at all.

I rebuilt 1 on a 9N a little while back and it ran like new when finished.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,123 Posts
Make sure your float isn't rubbing against the side or hanging. Very easy to think it isn't and be wrong.
The air bubbles are common when one refills the bowl and will disappear as fuel goes through.
That's what makes me think your float is stuck with the valve closed or close to it.

·
I have returned!
280 Posts
Your going to have water in the gas tank with the holes you drilled. If you left the tractor outside in a rain, the liquid in the carb is only water that smells of gas. I know that in the article you read that I never said to drill holes in the top of the gas cap for this reason (lets water into the tank). What should have been done is to modify the rubber gasket that seals the tank if you are building vapor lock.

Make sure you have fuel in the carb and not water. Tractors dont like to run on water.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts