Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been eyeing Oliver tractors....the 1450-1950 series...big green and white and beautiful! The problem is even the gas ones are expensive here.....around 4500 to 7000 depending on condition in non diesel! Are these tractors bringing those prices in YOUR areas????

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Yes, They sure are Derrick. At least the ones in good shape. ;)
I always wanted a 1600 or 1650. Gas powered ones here, field ready
I've seen advertised from $5500 to $6900 by private sellers.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
BigDaveinKY said:
Yes, They sure are Derrick. At least the ones in good shape. ;)
I always wanted a 1600 or 1650. Gas powered ones here, field ready
I've seen advertised from $5500 to $6900 by private sellers.
Dave I'd have to sell 3 others we have just to get one! I AM thinking about it too :shock:

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
I could probably trade my A-C 175 even for one. I gave $6000 for it eight years ago.
It's about the same size tractor, but it ain't going anywhere soon. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BigDaveinKY said:
I could probably trade my A-C 175 even for one. I gave $6000 for it eight years ago.
It's about the same size tractor, but it ain't going anywhere soon. ;)
See thats the thing...I love the AC 160-190 series too and cant afford one :( I could let go of a few I thought of but still would have to come up with cash! :lol:

·
Registered
98 Posts
non-running best used for parts Olivers I have seen selling for around 2K to as cheap as 800 for a basket case with mostly rust and a seized engine. But it has been more that 10 years since I've even seen an Oliver round here

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LikesRedTractors said:
non-running best used for parts Olivers I have seen selling for around 2K to as cheap as 800 for a basket case with mostly rust and a seized engine. But it has been more that 10 years since I've even seen an Oliver round here
I passed up a nice 770 years ago when money was more plentiful....kinda regret it but it still want that big square cast grill I love

·
Registered
320 Posts
Wow prices on them must have really jumped. A couple of years ago I saw 2 nice running 1950 or 1855 diesels (can't remember) sell at auction for about $2K each.

My father in law had a 1855 diesel before he sold it and bought my JD 4000. Said it was a tank with lots of horsepower. Also said it was also easy on fuel compared to the JD. But he did say you hurt all night from riding it because it drove like a tank and took 40 acres to turn it around. He said the JD drove and rode like a cadillac compared to it.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
JDF, around '97 I passed on a real nice '74 model 1655 gas burner I found down around Auburn for $3000,
because after researching parts availability found they were scarce as hen's teeth.
Nobody was supporting them at that time, and people could hardly give an Oliver away around here.
A few years later AGCO realized there was enough market and started supporting the older Oliver tractors.
Prices rebounded to reflect the other brands of the same vintage, and size tractors.
Somebody got a real good deal on the ones you saw sell. ;)

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh man.....lets see...sell the M farmall...sell the MH30.....sell the Oliver60...HEY I may have a down payment on one by then! :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts