Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,531 Posts
Aren't you afraid of sinking to the bottom.? I've been watching Ice Road Truckers, my heart is in my mouth at places they drive on.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
How many inches is 50 centimeters ?? That was surely a long lake MetsaMan. I'm assuming it really shortens your drive a lot in the winter cutting straight across instead of around it in the summer.

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
2.54 cm per inch Wendell. Metsaman ever encounter a traffic jam the ice road? I know we would here just like on all other roads. It's got to provide a more direct route in the winter.

·
Machines Lover from Finla
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't you afraid of sinking to the bottom.? I've been watching Ice Road Truckers, my heart is in my mouth at places they drive on.
Not afraid on ice that is thick like it is now.. maybe 40 cm.. I have watch that series too and driving truck on ice.. that is dangerous even is ice is very thick..

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How many inches is 50 centimeters ?? That was surely a long lake MetsaMan. I'm assuming it really shortens your drive a lot in the winter cutting straight across instead of around it in the summer.
It is about 20 inches, this ice road makes My trip in home 10 km shorten..

·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
2.54 cm per inch Wendell. Metsaman ever encounter a traffic jam the ice road? I know we would here just like on all other roads. It's got to provide a more direct route in the winter.
Not on this road and this is quiet country side ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts