Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Can anyone help identify this tank. There was an old Cross-Motor Case on the old home place that was discarded when the new model 25 Massey Harris was bought in '37 I think. Could this have been on that tractor? I don't remember the number of the Case, but my much older brother will.

The Case emblem is a little off center and looks kinda worn.

Don't know why the emblem is off center...

This is more than likely the part number to the tank as it is stamped into the neck. Here's hoping someone will recognize it and verify what it goes on.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Wendell I cant remember the size of this crossmotor in the picture but this man brings it to renfro about every year. I hope this picture helps and I'll ask dad the size.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man, that was quick Gordon !! I'm believing that is the exact tank. Probably a gas tank for starting on gas then switching to kerosene. I wish he still had the brass petcock with it. Thanks for the immediate response. If I remember the story right, the old crossmotor was dismembered and hauled to the local junk yard when the new Massey came on board. Along with a 15 hp Fairbanks one lunger !!!!! 400propane will correct me if I'm telling a fib I'm sure.

·
Registered
26 Posts
MMM, I was looking for my ring grove cleaning tool and I found in the back of my cabinet a orignal box of valves for a Case 12 20 . Next time you are here you can get a picture of it. 3 new and one used very LITTLE. I forgot that I had them. No telling what you will find over in the cornor. Huh!!! The box still has the Case sticker on the end , 12 20.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Nice find! I need one of those for my 18x32.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts