Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just rescued a 574 from the crusher.
It flooded back in 16' up to the seat. I help my neighbor and drained everything and filled with diesel. Two years later he called and asked if I wanted it, if not it was going for scrap. I said sure, it was running before the flood. So we drug it home. That was 2.5 years ago. It is up and running again with very little effort.
It has never been stored and it shows. I cut what little of the front of the cab and door frames off. Washed it and thinking of spraying clear to preserve its 40 plus years of life. I plan on using it to pull my 7' bionic blade on the mile long limestone drive I have. Maybe bush hog every now and then.
The question I have is about the rear tires. It has 11.2-36 on it. Is that normal? When research wheels I see 11.2-24 almost everywhere. My tires are decent, need tubes. It is just tall and skinny not to mention expensive and hard to find. What rears are you running on your 574 diesels?
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum.
It sounds like someone changed out the rims and tires sometime in it's life.
Its great, you saved it from going to scrap.
would like to see some pictures of it, if you could post some.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
I think 14.9x28 were factory originals. Mine has 16.9x30 on it. Welcome to ATF!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
New problem tonight. Wet-stacking, slobbering diesel out the stack! Runs great, no miss, just a touch of white smoke and making black measles.

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
[QUOTEI think 14.9x28 were factory originals. Mine has 16.9x30 on it.][/QUOTE]
Yes, 2 different sizes, 14x30 and 11x36

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well my rear rims are to thin from rust to deal with. It is a row crop, has 11.2-36 tires and tall front knees. I would much rather it be a utility tractor, but then I would have to buy 2 new rear rims and centers and a bunch of high dollar front end parts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts