Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it used in 1976. Somewhere along the line a clamp came loose on the air filter hose and let dirt into the engine. It is a gas tractor. IHC completely rebuilt the engine. It came with brand new tires all around because the owner wanted his small diameter tires so the tires from the new replacement 464 were put on this one. It was repainted and had all new decals. It still has that paint, still looks good and now has 7400 hrs. It still has the original Goodyear rear tires. I put new tires on the front. Also the 3pt. arms were new, catagory II off the 464. I used it for cutting hay, spraying, bush hogging, getting the garden ready and all the lighter work on my farm. I bought a IHC 430 baler, a 7' 990 IHC mower conditioner and a New Idea wheel hay rake, all new that same year and went into the custom hay business....James

·
Super Moderator
8,538 Posts
I have seen a 464 and a 444 but not a 454. Same series I am guessing. I acquired a 574 from a neighbor about 4 years ago. Afterlooking at pics on the net I have a question. Does your tractor have any type of stabilizer chains or bars on the lower links of the 3 point hitch? My 574 had none when I got it. I have fabricated some stabilizers, but are not totally satisfied with them.

·
Super Moderator
8,538 Posts
Thanks James! Mine is a bit different. I will try to.post a pic tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
8,538 Posts

James here is what my imagination came up with what I had with as a stabilizer chain. I have not yet found any turnbuckles locally that I thought were heavy enough. I need to get to Agrisupply in Raleigh

1 - 5 of 5 Posts