Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had to update our computer because the Motherboard was on the way out. We've now got
Windows 7 and have a lot more memory. Now that I've got used to W7, my biggest problem now is the scanner, I can't use it, the driver needs to be updated and the makers have 'closed down' on updating the drivers. It's a Musket 1200 UBplus. Seems if I want a scanner I have to buy a new one. They call this progress. :roll:

·
Super Moderator
847 Posts
Red Kiwi said:
We had to update our computer because the Motherboard was on the way out. We've now got
Windows 7 and have a lot more memory. Now that I've got used to W7, my biggest problem now is the scanner, I can't use it, the driver needs to be updated and the makers have 'closed down' on updating the drivers. It's a Musket 1200 UBplus. Seems if I want a scanner I have to buy a new one. They call this progress. :roll:
I had the same problem with my scanner when I swithed to W7. I kept looking and managed to find updated drivers. Once I found them I made back up copies of them.

·
Super Moderator
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys, sounds like there might be hope yet. I did do some "Googling" but with no luck, but I won't give up yet.
My computer is 64 bit, so it's a bigger problem to find one. (Found one for 32bit)

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
I know your dilemma. I am using some older stuff simply cuz it fits what I need to do just fine. Newfangled bells and whistles won't be of much help to me. :roll:

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Its a conspriacy to make u buy more new stuff!!!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
7,868 Posts
DerickS said:
Yep, and every time one buys something, one pays more taxes :!:

·
Registered
63 Posts
I bought a new printer, scanner, copier, fax-a-majigger thingy and i had the same problem but in reverse the wiz bang new thing was to modern for the computer!

Cheers, Will

·
Registered
926 Posts
DerickS said:
I can sure relate to that. All this newer stuff takes a lot of getting used to. Seems nothing is made compatible with anything

·
Registered
926 Posts
Red Kiwi said:
The newer one i am using is supposed to be far advanced from the others i have had; seems ironicle, if its supposed to be advanced why is it user unfriendly?

·
Super Moderator
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
William said:
I bought a new printer, scanner, copier, fax-a-majigger thingy and i had the same problem but in reverse the wiz bang new thing was to modern for the computer!

Cheers, Will
that would really hack me off worse.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts