Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So now that I have more time and more room to do things with the Cub, I can't help but want to get more rolling stock. So how do I find out what implements work with Cubs, SA's, and SC's? It gets to where you hear so many answers you can't remember who said what and if they were right or wrong. Long story short, is there a list somewhere to tell me a Cub 22 mower fits this and this, a 144 cultivator works on these, a 172 planter and so on, or do I buckle down and read the manuals and sales literature?

·
Registered
357 Posts
You could probably research the stuff you had in mind to buy for it. I usually look for stuff people have advertised for sale that they used on a particular size tractor specifically, like cultivators, or a plow. Its real easy to get something that will fit, that would be ok on a super A or a 140, but the cub be under powered or a Super C be overkill. I will ask my nephew if he knows of such a list, and if he does, I will post it, or a link to it. Somebody else on here may have already gone down that road and just haven't chimed in yet.

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
Clem go to the Burch Store website. The store is located in Burlington, NC, and they specialize in parts for the Farmall offset tractors. Their website is detailed with lots of pics. You can get a pretty good idea of what is available.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
All good stuff, thank you. I don't mind the research so much. I have a probably unreasonable fear of missing out. Everything I can find for sale, they list it as fits this and that, and maybe some others. Not knowing the others right off the top of my head works on me. You probably know the feeling. I want that bad but don't know if I can use it with what I have kind of thing. I'd make a list of it as I found it but lists have a short shelf life around me. Thank you again

·
Super Moderator
8,045 Posts
Clem the IH/Farmall cultivator shanks and holding clamps are the same for a cub, Super A, 100, 130, 140, and 274. Fertilizer distributor bases and hoppers, not their supporting mounts, will fit them all. The cultivator frames and associated parts are different for a Cub because it is smaller. A seed planter can be used on all of them but again it's supporting part is different. AgriSupply also sells some aftermarket cultivator and fertilizer distributor parts for them.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, Jim. I'm going to start writing all this down. Maybe if I keep a specific book or something

1 - 6 of 6 Posts