Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helping a friend move a tractor yesterday evening. Tractor was in a field along the Mississippi river about a 1/2 mile from the levee. Driving the tractor out through a batch of woods, there was a truck parked on a road leading to some of the other properties accessed from this road. 3 guys there with rifles holding the in an unfriendly way, looked like AR-15's, Not squirrel hunters, told me to keep going and mind my own business. When I got to the levee, called the sheriff. In 20 minutes there were police all over the place with 3 K-9 unit. County ,State. local municipalities and neighboring county swat team and state swat team. They went in located the 3 and 5-7 acres of whacky tabacy. They started burning it today. Squirrel hunters down wind reported feeling funny. By coincidence, they lifted the county burn bad this morning

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Steve, they will be out in a day or two, so be careful. Hope they do not try to find ya :!:

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Stay clear of that place more than them 2 in that deal.. They be back saw it 2 many times.. ;)

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This area has a history of some one growing the whacky tabacy. About every 5 years or so they find a field of it. This was the first time I was at this field, it's about 25 miles from where I live, so not in that area a lot. Phone call to sheriff was made to the anonymous caller phone. I should be OK, but wil keep an eye on my back side for a while.

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
We had someone growing it across the creek some time back. The guy growing it would come across our property, then cross the creek, which he had an elaborate pump system set up to pump water from the creek, and harvest daily. went on for years and we didnt know it. I came home from work, and the black SUVs were in the driveway, helicopters flying over and all. Dont know how we missed it, but glad someone didnt!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
I knew a fellow in California that got away with it for years. Grew it in plain site in Altadena Ca. You know what got him caught? A policeman was cruising by and saw him climbing a tree to water the 12 foot plant growing in a crotch of limbs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts