Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
we have about 15 to 20 people who post on this forum any more.. what do you-all think has happen? a lot of time and money is on the line for this forum and now it seems to be dieing off. no new members stays on 300 and half or over has not made the first post..what do we need to do to get it growing again? is face book killing it? just about ready to throw in the towel folks..we have moderators who never log in and just about quit.. maybe we need to weed out some moderators and cut back on them? I need to hear some input on this matter..There is something wrong what is it? :(

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
One thing I noticed is that even though there was what 2000 or more memebers on the old board, there were still only 100 or so who posted regularly. I also think its just this time of year too. Think maybe it could also be that some of the members from the old board think maybe the site is completely gone now?? I know I had to update my bookmark at one point. Also, if you need to remove me as a moderator, thats fine! Wont get any arguement from me!!

G

·
0 Posts
Not sure Jr. Like John said, may be that time of year with people starting to work the fields. I know I've been off a little more lately with moving and all. Trying to keep up with it.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Shows there were 103 on april 3rd. I know I am not on as much, check in every day though. Since the new job and moving, building and all just not as much into it. Only 1 tractor, no tractor time, health and other things....I am tired. This new site just isn't as user friendly, feels different. Lot of the old bunch has not come back or moved on. Maybe cut back on topics and get people more involved by everyone getting together in only a few topics. I know with this cell phone it takes more time to check all the topics out. I look but don't open near as many if something doesn't catch my eye. The young folks may be using FB all the time as they don't seem to be here anymore. Don't know, don't use it. I know it seems all the forums I use are down on numbers....James

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I think it may be a combination of things working at the same time.

Being outside more because of planting season, better weather, and longer days for us in the Northern hemisphere.

Many that lost contact when the old site went down who were not active members did not re-join or have not found us.

People's likes and dislikes change. We do tend to talk alot about the same topics over and over. That's ok. Humans are creatures of habit, and if a subject is interesting to one, most likely others will be interested. Maybe our subject matter and world view of things is not broad enuff for many. However, as individuals, our thoughts and opinions are our own and I say here on ATF we want to share them with those that we consider as family.

Old tractors may not be the current "in" thing for many folks.

Just a few thoughts...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Jim in NC said:
I think it may be a combination of things working at the same time.

Being outside more because of planting season, better weather, and longer days for us in the Northern hemisphere.

Many that lost contact when the old site went down who were not active members did not re-join or have not found us.

People's likes and dislikes change. We do tend to talk alot about the same topics over and over. That's ok. Humans are creatures of habit, and if a subject is interesting to one, most likely others will be interested. Maybe our subject matter and world view of things is not broad enuff for many. However, as individuals, our thoughts and opinions are our own and I say here on ATF we want to share them with those that we consider as family.

Just a few thoughts...

i had the old site saved into my favorites one day it was not there and it took me a while to find it, the new site is harder to navigate or at least it is not as easy as the old one was in my opinion, and it will take a while for everyone to find there way back, but i have also noticed that there is not much traffic on the other tractor boards i frequent either, the economy downturn saw a lot of guys having to sell off there hobbies and i know of several who sold there tractors during the last year or so

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
ky wonder hit on something. I think the high price of fuel has made old tractor enthusiasts less enthusiastic. I personally don't run mine as much as I'd like to for pleasure. Fuel is necessary on the farm, but at these prices, it has to be used to get work done and produce something.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
I think it will take time and nothing but time to get all the members back and get some new members to join. The new site is a little more confusing but not bad, just different. Maybe some recruiting ideas JR.....A youtube account maybe just for ATF, where we can introduce the site to new people....put our own videos on there and invite new members to post theirs and join the forum.

·
Registered
906 Posts
I think a lot think the forum died. I refound it just by luck. The new site is different and there are some things I'm not wild about, but it's not a deal breaker. Still the same folks, minus a few, but still great folks. I don't know what to tell you, but you can't please all the people all the time. :) :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
After the crash and the new forum was rolling I posted a link on facebook only to get ripped on by a former mod and a upset member. Im going to alot of shows and tractor rides promoting this site for sure.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ky wonder said:
[quote="Jim in NC":1u2a4cyp]I think it may be a combination of things working at the same time.

Just a few thoughts...

i had the old site saved into my favorites one day it was not there and it took me a while to find it, the new site is harder to navigate or at least it is not as easy as the old one was in my opinion, and it will take a while for everyone to find there way back, but i have also noticed that there is not much traffic on the other tractor boards i frequent either, the economy downturn saw a lot of guys having to sell off there hobbies and i know of several who sold there tractors during the last year or so[/quote:1u2a4cyp]
this site has the same url as the old if you are a member or have it saved it will bring the new site up. People change and lots of folks on fb now has taken a lot of members off here.. yes there was 2000 members on the old site and yes only about 200 was active and if you look at members they are here as members but do no posting at all.. I get e-mail from lots of old members who ask what happen they can't log in so I know they find it and I have activated their account and they are members now.. James I know its different but most who use their phone like it. I for 1 did not like it but after a while I like it and yes maybe we need to down size get rid of some boards and try to make it more friendly

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bertman said:
After the crash and the new forum was rolling I posted a link on facebook only to get ripped on by a former mod and a upset member. Im going to alot of shows and tractor rides promoting this site for sure.
don't know who he was but former tells me he was not here or got kicked off. Remember when we had a group who thought they could run this site? as for as u-tube I got 100+ videos and every one asked for new members and yes I have gotten a few from there. and twitter every good post with pictures why you think there is so much traffic here I put them on twitter and bingo we get traffic.watch for changes because they are comeing.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Jr I would hate to see this site dissaper. I feel like I have made some really good friends here and would hate to loose them. I know what you are saying about the UR being the same but when the site first came up it was hard to find. I was only able to get on through my wifes face book page. It all depended on how you saved the site and if you did a search it sent you somewhere else It is ok now but I don't know if some may have thought the site was gone forever. I don't think there is anything wrong with the site other than it is new and we did have to learn a few things different but that is just life. The only major thing I see is that the member info just doesn't seem to be as complete.In so many cases I don't know if I am talking to someone next door or halfway around the world. Sometimes that isn't relevent but sometimes it is.Jr I think I speak for most when I say we do appreciate all the hard work you have put into this and we would help if we new how. In a way the site is new and maybe as Derick said it is just going to take some time to get it built back up. I too miss the old site but that is just life. But I remember the void I felt those few days you were gone!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
It may seen strange but I never had any problems finding the new site. I kept clicking on my favorities every so often, and the new ATF appeared when it was up and runnin'. I have had to learn the "ins and outs" that work for me, and am still learning.

I also spread the word to ATF to friends, neighbors, and to those that I meet that I think will find a home here.

The site may be a bit large for current membership, and if pared back, could be expanded as if it grows again. I am reminded that "Rome wasn't built in a day".

G

·
0 Posts
It's just going to take time Caseman, It all takes time. we've only ever had 20-30 members who posted regualrly, atleast on the old forum where I visited. We need to get promotions out and about in circulation again, that will help I'm sure. we have a family here, and I don't think you should throw in the towel just yet. Just give it a chance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I am guilty of not posting as much these days, and I have found the new site takes some getting used to. I think we should give it time and I'm not sure its always best to get too big. I have a lot of friends and "family" around here and I would hate to lose it, but slowly slowly ....quality is better than quantity :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
Well here is one thing that really turns me off. I just finished typing a long eloquent post about the topic, hit submit, and it seems to have disappeared. :evil:
So , to summarize, I like the forum and would miss it if it disappears. I try to contribute when I have something worth saying, pictures, videos, whatever, but its hard to carry on a conversation with myself. So chime in folks. Got a question, opinion, criticism? Go for it. Thats what makes the forums stay active.

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Don't throw in the towel, Jr !!! We were set back a little, but it will just take time to get back to get back in form. I have no clue about FB or Twitter, no suggestions from me on that front. I think people just get involved in stuff and it takes so much time to live life. Some members must have given up easily and moved to other forums to occupy their time. I have been SLAMMED with work this spring when I usually have a slow period and I can't spend the time I'd like on here because of that. I enjoy tremendously the company of all the forum members and would hate to lose those connections. Yeah, its a bit different, but what the heck, no change equals stagnation...and we wouldn't want that !!! I parrot all the above comments, especially the ones about how all your hard work and time spent building and re-building ATF is so greatly appreciated. :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
If y'all think about it, when you first joined the "old forum" that was all new to you then, true?????????????????? So now its just like joining a new forum again. Not all of them are the same. Kick back, relax, enjoy and it'll all get easier as you mosey along.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Hey Jr . I almost live on here ,please don't slam the door shut ,you wouldn't want a homeless person, would you .Look at my post numbers .I am here . There aren't a lot of board for me to post on ,but being the country girls I am I just meddle in some the postand no one has said get out of the way so I hang around because I like this family .Jr reread what Ole Va, Mike posted And what Missouri Massey man posted I say an amen to them . Big Dave has done a great job on the sight . This new sight was and still hard to get around onfor me but I have to work at and so I do . I think time will help . Tells us what we need to do. I think moderator will feel more responsibile if their name is attached to a board. I try to help where i can ,

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 20 of 82 Posts