·
Registered
362 Posts
One finely tuned machine!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep it is just for fun, usually starts like this when its warm. I usually pull in a mixture stroke before I turn the ignition on when its cold.

·
Registered
658 Posts
Feel free to come and tune all mine like that!!! Lets see how long you have that grin on your face as you walk away :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
bertman said:
Feel free to come and tune all mine like that!!! Lets see how long you have that grin on your face as you walk away :lol: :lol: :lol:
Haha! All tuned by ear! The timing might need to be a tad more retarded, but I think the operator makes up for that! :lol: :D

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
RW,
Very nice video of starting the "B" by hand cranking! Thanks for posting. Your tractor looks awesome, and sounds just like I remember.
And for the folks that have never hand cranked one of these. Yes they do start that easy! We did not use the starter much on our B. Just seemed easier to crank it.
30 years back I was cutting firewood in our farm wood lot, forgot and left the "B" in gear. Grabbed the crank, and on a quarter turn, it was fired up and trying to run over me. I jumped out of the way, It lurched about 4 feet and bucked up against a tree, digging deeper into the loose soil as the governor began to open up. I was able to grab the shifter and get it out of gear. It just set there purring while I cleaned out my shorts!:) Some things you just don't forget!
Morale of the story? Yea check to see their out of gear and or set the clutch in open position too.
The other thing I was taught. Never put your thumb around the crank handle, in case it spun or kicked back.
The WD45's cranked a little harder If I remember right:) Anybody still hand cranking a fresh built 45 motor?
Regards,
Chris

·
Registered
312 Posts
That little A-C Tuned right will start that easy!

Frinds that I grew up with had one that was always about 1/2 turn on the crank. It did NOT even have an electrical system!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts