Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

After looking as much as I could from here, I leaped and bought a MH 35 that's been parked for a few years, but appears (from photos and seller's description) to be in good restorable condition.

One part I know needs replacing is the fuel tank. I may be able to fabricate or repair the original, but wondered if the group can recommend any sources for combine-specific parts? When I search for "MH 35" I get routed to sites selling tractor, not harvester parts.

Any suggestions/recommendations for guidance/advice/parts for my new/old machine are much appreciated!

Thanks.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Bruce-

Thanks for the reply. I'll look for combine salvage vendors now. My MH 35 finally arrived last week... only for me to find that the trucker managed to rip the header nearly in half somewhere between Louisville and California. Looking at the patches of shiny fresh sheet metal damage, it looks like they tried to haul the combine onto the trailer with a chain around the header. I'm now arguing with the shipper's insurance co. to pay to repair it- if possible.

Frustrating, since the combine is complete and in good condition for it's age. Not running currently, but I should be able to get it going without too much effort. Apart from the missing fuel tank, I'm going to need new belts to get it operational. The beater bars, straw-walkers, and other interior bits look very little worn, so hopefully with some TLC (and a fixed header) I can get it back into the field ASAP.

PS- I envy your rain. We're irrigating our grain out here... with what little water we have.

- David

·
Super Moderator
1,705 Posts
Sure hope the insurance company comes through for you. Evidently who ever loaded it didn't know where to attach the chain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts