Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got started cleaning up around the farms, early because of the pretty weather,
dozer work, plowing, and 1st diskng done in lonesome hollow,
after last nights rain, when it drys up i will spread fertilizer, and plant food plots,
planting about 20 acres this year for the critters to eat

G

·
0 Posts
Things are looking good. Weather has been pretty nice up here as well. Gettin the place cleaned up here as well. Dozer work also. Good luck with the food plots.

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Very good looking ground you have to play in. Is the green one a Romanian-Fiat White Oliver?

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no it is a italian fiat oliver, the romanians only built some of the fiat units that where sold with under the allis brand

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
here is a great resource for the tractors, he is the go to guy on these fot import parts

http://www.importtractorparts.net/equivalents.html

i rode many miles on a 1 row setter, mostly behind a 140, after 1963, but spent a lot of time sitting in the dirt behind a old drag team type setter that was hooked to a tractor drawbar, no fingers to feed , just hit the water as you drug the ground

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
I have a local dealer that can ge most anything for them. He worked for a Long dealer years ago and was schooled on them as well. I also kno about Import Tractor Parts but haven't needed their services yet. I have seen film of the old type setters you mentioned, but I haven't had it that hard. I have rode the Powell, Mechanical and Holland. I have also spent a lot of time on both sides of a hand setter. I toted many buckets of water to them and handfuls of plants to grownups operating them when I was a kid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts