Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my JD 318 riding mower. I bought it in the fall of 2011. It has 1,177 hours on it. I had to replace the spindle bearings on the mower deck, and I thought since I have it taken apart, I might as well paint the whole thing. The guy I bought it from did some work on the deck, and then painted the deck with a brush, and he told me that the first owners wife, repainted the green, and I could see that she used a brush as well. So a little bit of work and I got the deck and the wheels painted, and I just got most of the green parts primed. So here are some pics.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
JJ. in B.C. said:
Coming along nicely Colin :cool: ,
I gotta find me another lawn tractor for this season

Thanks. If all goes well I will get to shot some green in the morning.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
prwttsh said:
Looking good Colin :D :D
Thanks. This is the first time for this Green Yellow paint. So I hope I don't here to much, about a ford guy doing a John Deere :) :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
1,706 Posts
640 FORD said:
prwttsh said:
Thanks. This is the first time for this Green Yellow paint. So I hope I don't here to much, about a ford guy doing a John Deere :) :lol: :lol:
I was keeping that comment to myself, but now that you brought it up............ ;) :lol:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
prwttsh said:
640 FORD said:
prwttsh said:
I was keeping that comment to myself, but now that you brought it up............ ;) :lol:
Man, I guess I should watch what I say :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Colin , even a Ford guy knows it is good to have a Deere
somewhere around :? :? :? :shock: :shock:

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
You did a excellent job with the paint Colin. Looking foreward to seeing it put back together. Tell the truth that green and yellow looks pretty good don't it. :D :D :D ;)

·
Registered
658 Posts
Looks real :?: :?: :?: green??? and yellow?????? :lol: :lol:

Looks good!!!! I seen in a couple pics the red fuel tank hasnt got much done to it :eek: You have to do that too???????

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
gordon1121 said:
You did a excellent job with the paint Colin. Looking foreward to seeing it put back together. Tell the truth that green and yellow looks pretty good don't it. :D :D :D ;)
I agree withyou Gordon it look like agreat job.
I love green & yellow.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
bertman said:

Looks good!!!! I seen in a couple pics the red fuel tank hasnt got much done to it :eek: You have to do that too???????
As soon as I am done with the Deere, I think dad is going to get the bondo done, and then if he wants me to I will paint it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gordon1121 said:
Thanks Gordon. And yes the Green and Yellow looks good. But my favorite tractor color has got to be Orange :) :) ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
bettyp said:
Colin , even a Ford guy knows it is good to have a Deere
somewhere around :? :? :? :shock: :shock:
You are right Betty. I would not know what to do, if I did not have that little Deere. And Crystal would not have any thing to drive :) :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
All of the painting is done, and the tractor has been put back together. All I have left to do, is put the mower deck back together.

Here are the before, and after pics.

Before.

After.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
bertman said:

Nope, he just has to let me have my shed back :roll: :roll: :mrgreen:

Shouldn't be long now. NICE SHINE on that thing....................... ;) ;)

Also a nice lookin Ford in the backround, eh???? :cool:

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Colvin it really looks great you done a wonderful job onthat Derre
Keep up the good work.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bettyp said:
Colvin it really looks great you done a wonderful job onthat Derre
Keep up the good work.
Thanks Betty. I just got back in from putting the mower deck back together. I will put the deck back on the morning, and get some more pics.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts