Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this JD 110 and I am really lost with it.....serial number T0641 102894M. what year is it? It has a Kohler engine in it and the carb is waaaay out of adjustment! Where do I start with this thing so it will run right? it has three screws...one on top a small one on the side and an larger angled one on the side....what are each of these? Any help would be great thanks!

What are each of these levers and knobs do? The lever on the right side doesnt seem to be hooked up to anything...whats the knob on the front for?

Once again any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
Flower shaped knob I believe is for setting the blade height. The two on the dash have indicators in writing below (starting from the left is PTO engage, next to key switch is the park lever). The lever on the side, near the 110 emblem, with the thumb button, is to pick up the mower for transportation.

The other flower shaped knob on the front is another adjuster, I will have to ask my friend Greg what his is for.

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Derick the lever on the second is for lifting the deck up and down, the one in the 3rd pic is the speed adjustment. The way they work is they have 4 forward and 1 reverse trans. where the flap is over the slot in second gear you can flip ot back and go to first its like a bulldog gear that just creeps its for when you use a tiller attachment other than that pretty much no need for it thats why they have the flap to block it off and 2,3 and four for mowing or driving. On pic 3 is one of the neat parts to the mower if I remember right there are seven notches available where the smal lever on the right side are and this varies the speed in each gear kind of like a straight shift with hydrostatic feel if you will, all the way back is the slowest and the farther forward the faster it will go till you max out that gear. I had a 214 with that setup and loved it cause you could be mowing along in third at a good clip and if you wanted to slow down to go around something just pull the lever back slow down and when your clear just push it back forward and you didn't have to change gears. The knob in the fourth pic on the bottom front increases or decreases the tension on the spring that helps lift the deck you just adjust to suit. Clokkwise makes it eaiser. If you ever take the deck off you have to turn the knob counter clockwise all the way till it stops and releave all the tension before you do. The knob to the left of the gear shift in the 5th pic is to set the deck hight for your cut. Always have the deck raised when you adjust it another thing is when removing the deck raise it up first and turn this adjustment counter clockwise till it stops before you do then let it down. The bottom pic I'm not sure but I would guess the one on the left will engage the deck and the one on the right the parking brake. I still got the 214 in the barn and if I can I'll try and get you a rough carb setting tomorrow. Sorry I've been so long winded but hope maybe I've helped a little.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks to both of you! It gives me somewhere to start with it and hopefully I can get is running and get some use of out her :)

·
Premium Member
1,970 Posts
Derick,

On the carb the big one on the top out 2 turns out the big one on the side 2 turns out and the small one on the side 2 and3/4 to 3 turns out should get you close.

·
Registered
460 Posts
That would be a 1968.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts