Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
John Deere 630. John Deere B
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m wondering if someone can help me with my John Deere 630.
I bought a new carburetor and I can’t get it to go past idle and it shuts off. My old John Deere mentor passed away 2 months ago and I am lost as how to set the carburetor.He kept insisting that I needed to rebuild the engine. The compression isn’t great but it ran before I changed the carb. It seems to flood very easily and wets the plugs if it doesn’t start right away. It will idle all day long but as soon as you push the throttle it dies. I know it is getting gas because I have checked all those parts including the filter and I am getting gas to the carb. This isn’t my carb rebuilt but supposedly a new one. Can anyone help me with this problem. I like to rake with this tractor and I would like to get it running before hay season starts. Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Basics first. Make sure the shutoff valve under the tank is fully open. Use a jar or a small container to catch gas. Remove the carburetor bowl drain plug and see if you have a good flow of gas through the system for 30 seconds or so. We know you have spark because it idles. Let us know what you find.

·
Registered
21 Posts
If you get it to idle ,turn mixture screws all the way in,then 1/8 of a turn little by little til it revs up . Might be too much fuel ,then adjust air if needed. But should rev up smoothe.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts