Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My grandpa has this model A at one of his shops he bought it from the land owner for 500 dollars when I was eight for me to restore, I’m now 16 and can drive I don’t know how long this thing has been sitting in the weather for I’ve done a ton of research on it I’m so excited to start but I really want to know is it worth restoring? it’s in pretty bad shape. the serial number is 680509
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Sky Cloud

·
Administrator
4,642 Posts
Helo and welcome. In a word .... YES!!!
From your photo it looks a perfect candidate for a restoration.
It's likely been sitting too long for just a repair and repaint.
Have fun with it and enjoy the time with your Granddad.
Keep us posted on your progress we enjoy watching one go from "fencerow to fabulous". ;)

·
Super Moderator
8,872 Posts
Do it! It's a perfect way to remember and honor your Grandad. I remember one specific incident regarding my dad's passing. Within a few months of his death I went to the basement to check out the furnace to start it for the winter for my mom. There at the furnace on the floor laid, undisturbed, a handful of Dad's tools that he had last used most likely for the same purpose. Those tools were put in a special place, and I continue to use them often.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was talking to my great grandad last night and he said that that’s all they used to farm with.I’m gonna go after work today and pull the oil filter and spark plugs and see what all I need to do with it. The main thing is that bothers me is that the gas cap is missing so there has to be a ton of water in the engine and it’s definitely seized any tips on getting it unseized?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Gör det! Det är ett perfekt sätt att minnas och hedra din farfar. Jag minns en specifik händelse angående min pappas bortgång. Inom några månader efter hans död gick jag till källaren för att kolla in ugnen för att starta den för vintern åt min mamma. Där vid ugnen på golvet låg ostört en handfull av pappas verktyg som han senast använt med största sannolikhet för samma ändamål. Dessa verktyg placerades på en speciell plats, och jag fortsätter att använda dem ofta.Tack
That is Swedish and you just translated what the other guy said

1 - 7 of 7 Posts