Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well everyone, I received a 1952 mt from a friend probably close to 9 years ago now, and I recently got the courage to try an get her running. Well after few days tinkering, rebuilding carb, rewiring, I got her running. Sounds amazing. Dropped pan, cleaned out block, and got gunk outta pan. My question is can the hydraulic pump backwards into the block? My oil level rises, and the touchomatic has slowed. Was working like new. Now it's slow to rise, and almost falls down when levers are pushed forward. Well thanks.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Touch-O-Matic

My question is can the hydraulic pump backwards into the block?

No.

it's slow to rise, and almost falls down when levers are pushed forward.

Take a look at the information below.
Text Illustration Design Vehicle Paper
Take a look at the diagram below.
Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive engine part Line art Transmission part

Note the check valve (Key 19).

You might consider adjusting the right check valve clockwise to close.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Daniel and Wi11y

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I guess I asked the question wrong. The actual hydraulic pump is mounted on front of engine, and connected to the camshaft, but the oil is sent to the touchomatic. I'll try that though. Just wondering how my oil level is rising. No gasoline smell, or antifreeze smell in oil..... I'll check that first though. Thanks

·
Registered
183 Posts
Touch-O-Matic Oil Pump

"Just wondering how my oil level is rising."

Take a look at the diagram below.
Text Design Line art Font Auto part

Note the double oil seal (Key 3).

Pure speculation on my part, but oil might possibly leak backwards towards the camshaft through a worn double oil seal.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Daniel

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update. The hydraulic pump is pumping oil from touchomatic into the crank case. So instead of putting 10w into the touchomatic I'm putting 30w so when it does go into block it's the right oil. I'll just be draining oil after it gets too much. Now if I could just find a rebuild kit for the pump. I've looked everywhere, but no luck.

·
Registered
757 Posts
sounds like you need a sump to move the oil back.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well everyone, I received a 1952 mt from a friend probably close to 9 years ago now, and I recently got the courage to try an get her running. Well after few days tinkering, rebuilding carb, rewiring, I got her running. Sounds amazing. Dropped pan, cleaned out block, and got gunk outta pan. My question is can the hydraulic pump backwards into the block? My oil level rises, and the touchomatic has slowed. Was working like new. Now it's slow to rise, and almost falls down when levers are pushed forward. Well thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts