Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI, I am ready to throw in the towel. The three point on my 1953 Golden Jubilee started to settle when I have an implement on it. It settles a few inches and then jerks back up into place. I took the top off and the orings around the piston were in very bad shape. I replaced them and put it back together. Now it does not settle and jerk back up but, It chatters like crazy when I use the three point hitch. It chatters so bad that the whole tractor shakes. Can someone help me please.? Any and all information will be very much appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a similar problem, plus, as I raise the control, the arms remain motionless until after a few seconds, they suddenly rise to the highest point. Also sometimes the plow, disc etc., doesn't lower immediately, but hangs there and suddenly drops to setting. I replaced the entire pump, cylinder, new GL-5 80-90 fluid, and there is no change. The adjustments all seem to be correct in the controls, and springs. The control arm is in place on the valve control, , and the top setting is as stated in the manual. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I can’t answer for the jerking motion, but the other issue could be related to a pin in the linkage for the control lever arm that rides on the valve lever inside the rear end. I have seen photos of that pin with a deep groove worn, which give play in the link between the outside position lever and the valve inside. When you remove the top cover, this pin is the connection to the valve. If I can find a photo, will post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can’t answer for the jerking motion, but the other issue could be related to a pin in the linkage for the control lever arm that rides on the valve lever inside the rear end. I have seen photos of that pin with a deep groove worn, which give play in the link between the outside position lever and the valve inside. When you remove the top cover, this pin is the connection to the valve. If I can find a photo, will post it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can the pin be replaced without taking the whole top off? thank you

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.