Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been busy all week helping the local 4h group build a float for a parade.
Well saturday my family and I got up at 5am :eek: We hit the road for Breann to compete at the Illinois State Fair in baking for 4h. I was hoping her judge was the nice older lady with a big smile BUT NO :lol: They called her name and went in front of a local CHEF. I was so scared she wasnt going to answer his questions but she did just fine :lol:
Well after all the judging was done she had 2 ribbons :?: A red white and blue like everybody else and a LONG purple one. She won in her class :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: I was the happiest dad there!!!

Well on sunday I pulled the kids through the parade and had lots of people cheering and clapping as we went by. My little Allis just putted along and got lots of pics taken. We didnt get anything in the parade but all the kids had a great time :D
Breann shouild have pics of the weekend Ill see if I can get them on tonite :mrgreen:

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
Sounds like a really fun weekend, though you may use "Monday back to work" to rest up a bit. ;)
Congrats to Breann, for her excellence in culinary arts. :D What dish won her the ribbon ??

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
A very good family project, the float, and a great family outing :!: Just a little envious :!: :mrgreen:

G

·
0 Posts
I can see your smile waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over here.

Glad all had a wonderful time Sir ;)

G

·
0 Posts
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet pics buddy. Give em all a hug from us Hoosiers......................................

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Great, but they need more fingers :!:

G

·
0 Posts
Just wish there would have been enough FOOD SAMPLES to pass around. We'd all gain a pound or two :? :? :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
I am happy to get so many ribbons. It was my first time going to state and did well number 1 by pie crust . The chef scared me out of my skin. The chef and I talked about who helped me, how much salt i put in it and then its nice to meet and good bye.

·
Super Moderator
7,859 Posts
Gotta ask Breann, What's your favorite thing to put in one of those pie crusts :?: :D

·
Registered
658 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I do have a bunch of apples :lol:
Im thinking her first solo apple pie and Ill be the judge on the taste!!! I dont want any of the ATF to have to suffer weight gain :lol: :mrgreen: :lol: Ill take this one for the team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts