Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not much to tell & not much action on ATF , So could you just ck in & tell us what going on or just say Hello or what every?????
Wendell & ron much be digging new WELL haven't seen much of them ??

I'll start out === I am here at homein Cynthiana ,Ky.where we are super Dry . We gather some goodies from garden this morning .corn (just coming on) yellow squash, Zucchini& tomatoes. Made a stir fry for lunchwith the fresh Vegies and was it ever good .
So next where is every body& what is going on .

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Well Betty I'm at work just catching a break.....tonight we will have a scooby doo camp out in the living room :lol: The garden is hanging in and we are still getting squash peppers and beans from it, we may pull some tomatoes tonight :) Monday morning we are heading up to Mackinac Island for three days of vacation before school starts next tuesday

·
-Willy-
1,420 Posts
I am 5 miles north of Bar Harbor as the crow flies. Its nice and hot out finally. Wife grew here tomatoes too close together so they turned black and rotted on the vines. Yet her cukes have been very nice this year.

Myself I am getting the big trailer done. Finally getting some electric brakes hooked up. Just need to attach the power wire to the backing plates and tie it into the trailer plug. My first ever tractor pull coming up in a week, so I am getting excited for that. No money, just good fun.

Do a youtube search on "Blue Hill Fair Tractor Pull"

·
Registered
3,550 Posts
Pick my first green beans for the year this morning. With all the dry, hot weather, blooms never set, but I kept watering them. Weather has cooled some and I'm starting to get beans. :D Guess what we're having to night for supper. ;)

·
849 Posts
Right here in central Kentucky, spent the morning in Lexington at my daughter's dance class (acrobatics, ballet, jazz, and tap) then to a birthday party for one of her 4 year old girlfriends. Just finished watering the mums at the greenhouse, and watered the flowerbed that we cut flowers out of to sell at the farmers market. Now just enjoying the AC for a bit :cool:

·
Registered
449 Posts
Got back from the lake on wed night, worked thurs and fri. Got called out at 10:00 for a wastewater plant problem. Just got home. I am busy building Sons cabin, working and in the garden. Garden is doing super, it has been cool and wet most of the summer until 3 weeks ago. Corn, tomatoes, beans, cabbage, lettuce, kohlrabi, onions, cucumbers and zuchinni. We live out of the garden, milk from the goats, eggs from the chickens and rabbit meat. It has been a great summer, just no tractor shows attended. Hip still isn't strong as I would like and am having some problems with right wrist from hammering and nail gun....James

·
Registered
906 Posts
I was going ridding this morning, but it rained me out. Over in Hampton, Newport News they got bad flooding with over four inches of rain. Thankfully we didn't get that much, no damage on the Southside. I guess we will try it again tomorrow.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
We are still finding enuff produce to go to the farmers market two days a week. I sell melons at different locations most every afternoon. Some days slow, some good. The late patch is much better than the early one. The Crimson Sweets in the early patch have taken a second growth though, and I will be picking melons in September like last year. They will be small, but be good. In the melon patches, the grass is very green and growing in the melon rows. That shows that much of the fertilizer only got wet over the last three weeks.
Persimmons are starting to fall, and we will start to get ready for the Colfax Persimmn Festival in November. When the melons are under control, it will be time to start cutting fall hay. With the wetness of the last 3 weeks and the prospect of lots of rain from Isaac, we may have enuff worth cutting.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Southeast Sask. is just getting into harvest mode. A few combines are rolling on early crops and much canola is being swathed, including mine. I have some of it on video at youtube.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfMcT-sAs00
Crops are looking pretty good but reports indicate that it is not yielding nearly as good as it looks. Above normal disease problems this year it seems.
Garden still producing a little. More beans than I can be bothered picking. Early potatos all died off and the late ones are fading. Tomatoes are questionable. Picked a few small shrivelled ones. Hopefully they will yet produce a few but we are getting into night time frost risk season now. Only in the 50s today so it felt pretty cool. Yesterday it was over 80. :roll:

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Hey Rusty, when is the first frost normal for yall? I just keep thinking that we will have an early one this fall.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Hey Rusty, when is the first frost normal for yall? I just keep thinking that we will have an early one this fall.
Jim, I guess "normal" is kind of a moving target for us in Sask. I have seen major crop damage from frost early in August some years. Then a year like last, we did not see killing frost til late into September or maybe it was October. We just never know and that is what keeps farming so interesting in this part of the world. Throw in an early September snow storm on top of standing crops and life can get real depressing. Thankfully that does not happen too often.

·
Registered
906 Posts
Went ridding today, cause it rained yesterday and the weather guessers said today was to be dry. It wasn't! Oh, only rode about five miles in the rain before home. My boots and Jeans got wet below the knees. I had a ball and would do it again! :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Dave, are you saying that you rode hard and were put up partially wet :?: :!: :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Stephenscity said:
Man!!Ron hooking up wood furnace, You talking about Frost You guys know something We need to know??? :eek: :eek: :? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Nope, just don't like waiting till the last minute...... Want it done and ready. Still have a couple a days worth of work inside yet to finish gettin it ready.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Dave and Jim; its amazing the same redneck sayings used here are apparently used coast to coast; and have about the same meaning :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
mgood said:
Dave and Jim; its amazing the same redneck sayings used here are apparently used coast to coast; and have about the same meaning :lol:
Melvin, I am just doin' my part tryin' to keep the redneck culture alive. I never thought of it as a culture though. There might be some marketing potential within that terminology. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jim in NC said:
mgood said:
Melvin, I am just doin' my part tryin' to keep the redneck culture alive. I never thought of it as a culture though. There might be some marketing potential within that terminology. ;) :lol:
Yessir; and its a gonna take all of us to ger er done. :lol: Never thought of it as a culture; just live the redneck life. :eek: :shock: :lol:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts