Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was beautiful, hot and humid, but sunny. Rain was forecast! Went with the club for our weekly ride. Normally we go on Saturday, but the weather looked better for today. We went to Gardners in Rocky Mount NC for lunch. Of course we didn't take the direct route, but the most single lane roads we could find. I think I covered two hundred seventy some miles. I took a mostly direct route home as I was getting tired. I had a BALL!!! It was quite relaxing as well as tiring.
I spent Saturday getting the lawn to look presentable and made my back ache. I didn't think I would be able to ride today, but I felt a lot better when I woke up, so.
Anyone who is near Rocky Mount should stop at Gardners for a meal. They have a killer buffet. The biggest variety I have seen and all good. Located on US301 Bypass. Sorry bout the commercial, but they are good. :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
Sounds like y'all had a great day Dave. Been callin for rain all day here as well and we're still waitin. Sure do miss my bike.....

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Biker Dave glad you had a good. There is different tired .a bad tired & good one .
Sounds like you had a good tired and enjoyable trip. Good to hear that good news.
Glad you found a great place to eat. Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Sounds like you had a real blast,it is good to get a nice day it makes the trip that much better,good to hear from you again.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
Dave, glad yall had a great ride and meal. I have never been to Gardners, but if they have barbecue, Mrs. Jim will see that I go there when we are in the neighborhood. ;)

·
Registered
906 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Been to Gardners many times. Found it years ago. Yes they have bar-be-que. Thery have a turkey BBQ that you can't tell from pork. Oh yeah, they label the servers.
We have gone to Wilson in the past and every time we find a good BBQ place we go back and it is closed. I guess we will try again. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Wow, you did go for a ride didnt you?? The family is going to DC next year while the kids are on sproing break, We'll have to make sure we stop by there. Sounds like somewhere we would enjoy!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Sounds like you had a great day. I'd love to get a bike one day and go see the sites. It would be addicting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts