Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got Kares fathers 7112 Simplicity lawn tractor and mowing deck last spring. It came with the original recite so I know the come home birth date is just a couple days away. Reson it was replaced with oil comsuption for my sister in law on the folks two acre lot was a bit worse than awful. When I got it home I gave the whole tractor a bath removeing a couple years of oil and dirt build up some thing dad did every fall and mid summer.
I drained the oil a vavoline 30 wt. and tried several brands and types of oil and found the extended milage vavoline 10w40 stopped the smoking so much and the amount used too.
But the old girl does need a over haul and I have the money to buy parts now.
what I was wondering is whats the chances this 40 year old engime with top notch care woiuld still be std. bore for the new rings and a std. crank for the bearings.

:D Al

·
Registered
658 Posts
It dont have bearing inserts like a normal engine. if the crank needs to be ground you need a connecting rod to match.
Id have to say in 40 years it would still be a standard engine all the way around ;)
Sure a very well kept mower Al!!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dad took very good care of his stuff. If he wasn't finished mowing and mom called him in for dinner the tractor went in the tool shed. In the orginal bag the owners manual came in were recipts for every belt nut and bolt he bought for the tractor complete with points and condenser when they were changed.
The 1964 Land Lord with the 9HP B/S that was put in roto tilling duty and snow blowing duty when the 7112 arrived still runs like a dream. I do have to get a new set of points and a condenser for it though.

The kit I am looking at comes complete with a new piston rings, valves and a connecting rod Plus all the gaskets and seals. You can get it std. .10 .20 .30. The price is 94.00 for the std kit and goes up 15.00 to 20.00 each over size.
Prices do vary by compny supplying the kits too.

:D Al

1 - 3 of 3 Posts