Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know of a rattle can paint that matches King Kutter yellow?
The folks at my local TSC, Rural King, and Orscheln's who sell them have no idea.
Another forum said Rustoleum Caterpillar yellow....wrong answer.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Your best bet to match it up, is to take something small off the machine, that has some original paint on it, in to a local body shop paint and supply store. They will take a device that scans the color off the piece into their computer software that will create them a paint code that they can then mix up the match that you need.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Just a couple of thoughts but what about Deere or New Holland yellow? Another is Tractor Supply Countyline yellow?

Hey Dave a search on the net for "king kutter yellow paint" turns up some choices but they are pricey.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah Jim, I found the expensive paint that I would have to order.
I was looking for a cheaper alternative that I can buy locally.
R.J., the only removable parts are painted flat black.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RE: Web Form SubmissionMarch 6, 2020 9:42 AM
KK Service
To:BigDaveinKY

We do not sell our paint but NEW Caterpillar Yellow is a very close match for touch up.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
Sorry for your paint trouble Dave. I'd say you have exhausted all.the possible sources.. I would just have to go with an easily obtainable, closely matched,, and reasonably priced alterative I could find if I ran into.your problem.

·
Administrator
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I were doing more than just touching up some spots I would have already painted it with Persian Orange II.
When in doubt contact the manufacturer. Apparently there is Old Caterpillar yellow, Caterpillar yellow, and New Caterpillar yellow.
From what I have learned from more research is that the Caterpillar yellow that I bought at Rural King doesn't match either original Caterpillar yellow. Old or New.

·
Super Moderator
7,748 Posts
RE: Web Form SubmissionMarch 6, 2020 9:42 AM
KK Service
To:BigDaveinKY

We do not sell our paint but NEW Caterpillar Yellow is a very close match for touch up.

I was thinking about this and my conclusion is that if one takes KK at.its word, it's reasonable to believe that any of.the.paint available on.the net may not match as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts