Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
I heard that on the news today as well, though once they finished stating that the media JUST HAD TO PUT THEIR 2 CENTS WORTH in. About how accidents with children on farms are 4% higher than in the city?????????????? I'd like to know who did that report. I don't believe that one at all. I think there's a tad more city kids than farm kids just for starters.

·
Super Moderator
7,857 Posts
The kinds of "accidents" that city kids seem to get in these days is similar to what happened in Greensboro, NC during their July 4 celebration. Fights broke out among gang members. I can't remember if dozens or hundreds of people were involved, but in the end only a handful were arrested. :shock: :x What are the odds of that happening on a farm?

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Jim in NC said:
The kinds of "accidents" that city kids seem to get in these days is similar to what happened in Greensboro, NC during their July 4 celebration. Fights broke out among gang members. I can't remember if dozens or hundreds of people were involved, but in the end only a handful were arrested. :shock: :x What are the odds of that happening on a farm?
AGREE I would far rather put my kids or now grandkids on a tractor working than send them to any city function Accidents can happen anywhere but at least they learn work ethics and respect.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
270 Posts
I had to convince my brother to let our daughter start driving tractor on his farm when she was 13. She had always been a "follower" of her older brother. When she realized that she was in control of a powerful tractor, her self esteem just sky rocketed. She didn't mind driving that tractor 14 hours a day. My brother and son ran combines, I took time off and trucked the grain and daughter chisel plowed the stubble. When they combined the last field, she had only a couple hours of chisel plowing left to do. She knew she had accompished something and was really proud of herself.

·
Administrator
3,960 Posts
petra79 said:
I heard that on the news today as well, though once they finished stating that the media JUST HAD TO PUT THEIR 2 CENTS WORTH in. About how accidents with children on farms are 4% higher than in the city?????????????? I'd like to know who did that report. I don't believe that one at all. I think there's a tad more city kids than farm kids just for starters.
Kindda hard to get more than a sprained thumb, playing with a game controller. :?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts