Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving the old girl her last workout before she's loaded on a trailer heading to PA for an overhaul. We purchased a new tractor for mowing. This old girl has done hard work her whole life. Now having transmisson issues with her. Off to the shop she goes and hello new tractor!

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
How much hay do yall usually cut?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cut 35 acres today, has pressure issues with the ole girl. But we do usually 600 acres of small square bales a year

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
I could not imagine beginning to tackle that much hay, but if one has the proper equipment, it isn't much of a chore I guess. Did your haying operation expand over many years? I ask cuz this region is becoming more urbanized and farmers are being pushed off of their land because of expanding cities. My county has a very large number of horse owners, and they prefer square bales. Most cattle farmers have switched to round bales, so the horse folks seem to bew having a tougher time finding what they want in square bales.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

This is the replacement. We have expanded over 14 years after my dad sold the dairy cows and my mom built her horse stable

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha that's my dad when he went to look at it. Bought it out of Millmont, PA. Free shipping with purchase. It's a 1995 John Deere 7700. 6400 hrs. 19 speed powershift

·
Super Moderator
7,854 Posts
Ifn I had one of them, I'd haveta go to the airport to turn around :!: :oops:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
It turns very good for how big it is. We kept the 4560, just fixing her up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts