Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the leaves changing colors in your area yet? Some of ours are, and its just a tad early for this area. Got me wondering when winter is going to hit..

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
One of my sugar maples is starting to change

·
Registered
449 Posts
They are changing, been a dry summer. Today is first rain in months. No real color, the leaves are just dying. Mostly the maples....James

·
Registered
270 Posts
It's still 100+ here, but we have 2 bushes in the front yard that have already shed their leaves for the winter. They are the last 2 bushes to leaf out in the spring and the first to shed them in the fall. It will probably be Decembedr before the rest of them drop leaves.

·
Registered
359 Posts
They are starting to change here but with the high winds and dry conditions a lot of leaves have blown off. I shot some video driving along the lake shore this morning hoping to get some good colours but they were a poor showing compared to other years.
Heres a pic I shot back in 1984 just to show how good it can get. Those trees are now dead and standing in water since the past wet years.

·
Premium Member
337 Posts
Nothing major out here just yet, though there is starting to be a little bit of color show up with this last front. I just hope that the rain and winds down take them all away before we can enjoy them much... it seems to happen time to time.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
We are having a few subtle changes. Some of the usual ones, poplars, pear trees in yard, and maples are showing some change.

·
Registered
25 Posts
we have some change going on here also
the drought has caused most of the change, some trees have went dormant early cause of the drought, the leaves just fell off

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
bikerdave said:
I guess I'll have to get on my bike and check it out. :lol: :lol:
Dave, a great reason to take another ride for sure :!:

·
Registered
906 Posts
Haven't started here yet. I did have a ball finding out. Went to Rocky Hock NC, to Nixons seafood restaurant. :D :D :D :D :D :lol: :lol: :D :D

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Lots of changes in the last week. Walnuts and acorns falling quickly. Maples and softer wood trees are showing more color. The squirrels are really busy, and so is Dallie :!:

·
Registered
906 Posts
We took a ride today, through the woods. A lot of leaves in the road, but the trees were all green, so the change is coming soon.
Went to Edenton by way of Sunbury and came back through Elizabeth City. Had a ball! :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Have 3 sugar maples. One the south side is red and noth side green, second one, green but starting to yellow, third, still green

·
Registered
316 Posts
Big change in the past 10 days. Sunburst Locust have near 2/3 leaves off, (this tree is always first), Red Maples are just starting in past 3 days, Sugar Maples still hanging on but color is changing. Big cold snap due to come in for w/end, - today was beautiful (74 degrees) with S/W wind, got all of hedge type bushes trimmed up for the year.

·
Super Moderator
7,862 Posts
Our Sunday temp predictions keep dropping. Now, it is upper 50s and rain. :shock:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts