Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
picked this little gem up the other day

wasnt cheap by no means but there hard to come by here. had to hook it up to my mower to take care of those dutys this summer. its a tad smaller then an 8n ford but the hp is a lot stronger at 28 hp

·
Administrator
3,962 Posts
Nice little tractor Bert. :D Hope it works well for you.
I didn't know Leyland put gas burners in any tractors.
Maybe just for export to the States?
Learn something everyday here!! ;)

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
couldve got'en this model in either gas or deisel. i passed on a deisel model last year just for the simple fact parts are hard to come by. the gas'rs to my understanding use the same engine as in the little mg cars

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice looking tractor looks like it would be real handy. So did you find it in Wis.? 28 hp will handle mowing real well.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
MNGB said:
Nice looking tractor looks like it would be real handy. So did you find it in Wis.? 28 hp will handle mowing real well.

yep we found'r about 40 miles from me. we was looking at another one way up in north western wi, but that one was worked to death and alot more money then this one

G

·
0 Posts
Nice little worker Bert. Sure looks to be a bit bigger than an 8N though. Might just be the pics. Should do you just fine with the mowing.

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
missouri massey man said:
Man, dig that crazy carb !! Neat looking little guy... ;) ;)

ah the carb, thats the little thing full of these nasty little gremlins! :evil: :twisted: 90 bucks for the rebiuld kit! should have it rebiult this weekend

·
Registered
154 Posts
Great wee tractors, I have a diesel model, and the later Marshall 302. Just been using the latter to sow barley, I like the Q cab :roll: but did you know they were designed by Harry Ferguson :)

Heres a pic of my two, the blue one has moved on, but I still have the red one, and the ED 40

·
Registered
154 Posts
Missourie, that photo was taken in spring 99, when I had plenty of young eager drivers,so Icould use the smaller tractors. The ED 40 had just returned from National UK Road Run, which that year was held in Ayreshire in Scotland. Our Vintage club decided to attend, so 28 tractors drove 17 miles to Belfast, caught the car ferry to Stranraer, and then drove 60 miles to the run. On the sunday we did the 26 mile Road Run. On the monday we did the return journey, and had raised £1600 for charity, as well as having a great weekend. :D :D
The blue leyland in the pic was sold about 5 years ago, after I had bought this Marshall 302, which was the next generation of the model

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Tha Ulsterscot said:
Missourie, that photo was taken in spring 99, when I had plenty of young eager drivers,so Icould use the smaller tractors. The ED 40 had just returned from National UK Road Run, which that year was held in Ayreshire in Scotland. Our Vintage club decided to attend, so 28 tractors drove 17 miles to Belfast, caught the car ferry to Stranraer, and then drove 60 miles to the run. On the sunday we did the 26 mile Road Run. On the monday we did the return journey, and had raised £1600 for charity, as well as having a great weekend. :D :D
The blue leyland in the pic was sold about 5 years ago, after I had bought this Marshall 302, which was the next generation of the model

That, my friend, is pure DEDICATION !!! All for a good cause.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wizzard said:
couldve got'en this model in either gas or deisel. i passed on a deisel model last year just for the simple fact parts are hard to come by. the gas'rs to my understanding use the same engine as in the little mg cars
yessir thats a 1600cc "B" series BMC motor a 1622 by the look of the casting on the block, used in MGA's, Morris Oxfords and Austin A60's

1 - 16 of 16 Posts