Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a McCormick International 434 which has just started to raise the lift arms when I open the throttle Andy ideas what this is I'm thinking possibly the quadrant control valve on the spool block? Any help would be appreciated!

·
I have returned!
280 Posts
Is the lift handle up and the tractor has a worn out pump? As in with increased RPM the engine is creating enough flow to lift the arms. It is what I suspect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Is the lift handle up and the tractor has a worn out pump? As in with increased RPM the engine is creating enough flow to lift the arms. It is what I suspect.
Thanks for your reply the lift arms still raise when the raise lever and draft lever fully down. Seems to have a mind of its own!

·
Super Moderator
1,506 Posts
It could be needing adjustment on the control levers. Also make sure the filter is clear, a partially blocked filter causes all sorts of problems.
If the draught control lever is too far up, the draught control lever is very sensitive at the top of its stroke, it will take control of your lifting. It develops a mind of it's own.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts