Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Lessee....380 miles to Cynthiana from here along the Big Muddy. This Bug-Eyed little 30 will run approximately 14 miles per hour ....I may need a calculator to figure out when to leave to get there in time. Whadayathink....

Checklist: 1: motorcycle for me and MrsMassey.... 2: another motorcycle for my son and daughter in law...jack for a flat, money for food...oh yeah, a big toolbox for the Harley !!!!

I posted a few shots of this trailer I built out of scrap iron from a huge air handler trapeze we tore out 2 or 3 years ago on the old forum. I had to hurry up quick and make a dual front wheel chock that is adjustable for fat bikes or skinny bikes, plus easy to remove to use the trailer as a utility.

I used some scrap 6" channel, 3/4" allthread rod and 2 1/2 x 1/4 angle from the trash hopper. Its adjustable as described and is removed by taking out (3) 3/4" bolts...all in one piece. Seems to work good. SO GUYS....when should I leave to get there in time ?????

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Are you gonna drive straight through or sleep at the wheel in shifts? :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
Kiwi071 said:
Three days at 14mph 10 hours per day makes 140miles with no breakdowns,should be there tea time 3rd day :D

Pray for a tailwind :!: :lol:

·
Registered
339 Posts
Might need angel gear on the down-hill runs

·
Registered
906 Posts
You use Georgia Overdrive when going down hill. (Georgia Overdrive is when you kick it out of gear at the top of the hill) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Super Moderator
7,853 Posts
bettyp said:
Wendell just in case you get here late ,you will be early for next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cool: :cool: :? :? :eek: :eek:

He can stay for the fun run :!:

·
Registered
3,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Jim in NC said:
bettyp said:
Wendell just in case you get here late ,you will be early for next year. :lol: :lol: :lol: :oops: :oops: :oops: :cool: :cool: :? :? :eek: :eek:

He can stay for the fun run :!:
I noticed MrsHarris has confidence in the little old 30...we're not gonna be late Betty. (Of course we might be pulling the trailer with the rotten old Dodge though).

·
Registered
926 Posts
Jim in NC said:
Kiwi071 said:
Three days at 14mph 10 hours per day makes 140miles with no breakdowns,should be there tea time 3rd day :D

Pray for a tailwind :!: :lol:
I'll try to figure out a way to sent part of the wind from out here to use as a tail wind both ways. We are having plenty of that to spare :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts