Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was on my morning walk and came across this 1988 Cadet 1720 and it looked brand new. Had a 3 bag bagger and it even looked like had bearly been used. Probably paid too much but just couldn't help myself.Want to put snow blower on front but was wondering if someone could tell me how difficult is it to retrofit one. They did make one for it but figured I probably will never find one.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Premium Member
849 Posts
Looks pretty good. As for the retrofit, I guess it depends on how the blower is driven. You may have to fabricate something like a mule drive to take the horizontal belt to a vertical belt etc...just depends on what kind of blower you find.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
Look good , I'm sure you will get something worked out for that .

·
Administrator
4,347 Posts
Nice looking tractor. Good luck finding and fitting a snowblower. No need for such a thing around here for years. :roll:

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
That's a good one, Hydrostatic is cool. Does it have a front pto out of the gear box? Some of the older Bolens did and a lot of Kubotas did. That would make your life a lot easier Mike.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just re read your posts and you said the local cadet dealer was no help. Look for one that is. I have a 2004 Cadet and had 76 Cadet. They don't have that much difference in the frame but mine are horizontal shaft while your's appears to be a Kohler powered vertical shaft. Cadet used a couple different width's of frame and that may be the biggest problem should you try to reto a cadet blower. If the engine is equipped with a dual belt bulley on the bottom it could be and is generally the easiest way to get power. It would of course have to hang below the front of the tractor but the belt that drives the mower is or is close to that. Keep us posted. Vern

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Solved my problem. Some guy stopped by and wanted the thing so I sold it and made a quick $150.
Somedays ya just get lucky :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This was turning into more headaches than it was worth :eek: :eek: :roll:

·
Super Moderator
1,632 Posts
The old adage "act in haste, repent at leisure," doesn't apply in your case. :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts