Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped several times looking at this JD for sale. Has decal w "B" on it, but i think its a "M". Heres some pics if someone wants to chime in. Also some pics with numbers from the engine block, torque tube, and trans
20200728_174913.jpg
20200728_174901.jpg
20200728_174847.jpg
20200728_175009.jpg
20200728_175002.jpg
20200728_175020.jpg
....im i looking at parts from 3 different tractors bolted together?? W

·
Premium Member
2,212 Posts
It s an MT

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
It's an M-T for sure. Looks like a homemade "quick hitch" on back.
The top weight in front is an elevator counterweight. I stacked plenty of them in my 25 year career.
The notches on the sides are for the stay rods to go through to hold them in the frame.

Reactions: Jim in NC

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's an M-T for sure. Looks like a homemade "quick hitch" on back.
The top weight in front is an elevator counterweight. I stacked plenty of them in my 25 year career.
The notches on the sides are for the stay rods to go through to hold them in the frame.
Yes i see that a quick hitch was welded on, definately not stock...explain the elevator counter weight? Elevator in the rear? The belt drum is gone, it has the drive unit but just four "studs" where the drum would normally be. Tried to find something to check the year. Those casting numbers dont have anything to do w the year do they? Oil was good, i bumped it over but didnt start it due to plastic wrapped around the muffler. Seems to be solid. 12v conversion, newer tires, not alot of play in front wheels hubs/bearings, or the steering. Of course i would run it through all gears, check hydraulics, pto, etc. Body tin good, couple dents, not bad. Floorboard to fender area not rusted through but signs of it. Looks like sandblasted prior to paint.

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts

·
Administrator
4,034 Posts
I have several around that I use for extra weight when I need it. They are great to use on an old drag type disc.

·
Super Moderator
7,970 Posts
My 40S has M castings on it also. I wonder if Deere used M castings on any other models, 320, 420?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts