Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new guy here. I have become the guardian of a 1926 John Deere model D. My brother-in-law did a complete restoration on it 10 or 12 years ago. Unfortunately he died shortly after the completion. It’s ran as recently as five years ago. The radiator was always drained along with the fuel tanks when it was put away. I need to get it running so my sister-in-law can sell it. I have been doing research and I am going to try and start it this coming Saturday. I have a couple of questions. I have read that some models had a switch on the magneto that needs to be turned on. Where is the switch located? There is a lever that is adjacent to the hand throttle that isn’t connected to anything but terminates right underneath the magneto. What is this lever for? There are three openings on the top of the hood. One is the radiator one is a small opening in the middle of the hood. And the last is a larger opening at the rear of the hood. Is the middle one a smaller tank for gasoline and the larger one at the rear a larger tank for an alternative fuel? I have a manual but as luck would have it the first four pages are missing. Any helpful information is greatly appreciated

Bud. 😎

EAB4E646-DBC5-443D-A977-F4054CAECB41.jpg 7E8E0AC6-463E-47D0-BC82-493C556CBEBC.jpg E42AC98C-16F1-49B5-A6C9-FF65DEC43660.jpg

1 - 1 of 1 Posts