Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have found a tractor local to me that I might be getting for a song. Image attached. I am guessing that it is a 1365. The owner claims it is a 60hp tractor 4 wheel drive. Examining the pic and clicking on anything around 60 hp on Tractordata it appears to be a 1365. It is only a guess, as you can see there is a loader covering the model number.

Get this, The owner decided to change the fuel filter and it wont start anymore. So what does he do? He replaces the lift pump and the injector pump (diesel). My guess is he never primed the injectors and it is air bound now.
Oliver 1355.jpg

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
nice looking tractor!
My guess is that your right about having air in the fuel system

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Willy, I'll take a run at this. I think it is a Universal built, fiat engine tractor very similar to a 610 Long and other models sold as Allis Chalmers 5040, 5050 series, Leylands, and more. If I were in your neck of the woods I'd sure be lookin' at it hard and long. The injection pump could be out of time. Otherwise if everything is ok, I'd pull it with another tractor in high gear, making sure fuel is turned on, most have a cut-off valve, to push out the air in the system. I have done it more than once, even on an IH for a neighbor that sat for years.

Reactions: Wi11y

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just talked to him, said he still would like to sell even if it is just needing to be burped. It has the 4 speed with high low.

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
Willy my brother has a 610 Long. I'll try to post a pic of it. It has the same transmission design.

Reactions: Wi11y

·
Premium Member
1,009 Posts
hey Jim not jumpin on ya or anything more of just an fyi, the leylands used there own engines and they built thre own tractors. they even provided the power for JCB backhoe tractors

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Super Moderator
7,958 Posts
hey Jim not jumpin on ya or anything more of just an fyi, the leylands used there own engines and they built thre own tractors. they even provided the power for JCB backhoe tractors
No problem Bert. I knew when I posted earlier you'd check in on this. Longs were assembled in Tarboro, NC . I was told many years ago by a local Long dealer that some Leylands were the same as some Longs. My brother and I have 3 Longs between us. I think the Universal Tractors were sold under the Hesston brand too.

·
Registered
343 Posts
According to TractorData.com, the 1365 is based on the Fiat600 and 640 tractors, built in the early '70s. From my experience with Fiats in the early 70s, they were quite a good reliable tractor. I worked for a multi-franchise dealer here in one of the major farming areas in the Murrumbidgee Irrigation area in Central New South Wales for a while and Fiat was popular for working in orchards and vineyards.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well the owner isnt responding to me. So he must have been able to get it running and doesnt want to sell anymore.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts