Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new here trying to gather more information on how to identify this old what appears to be a Ford tractor. Belongs to a friend and she was told by her parents it was a rare tractor. Some type of feature that only a few had.

Either way would like to figure out how to get any information I can on this tractor. Maybe try determine if it had any value whatsoever ever also.

Thanks for your time!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
4,746 Posts
Looks like an old N series Ford that has had a front hydraulic pump added to run a front loader.
Also, it's been painted the color of newer series Ford tractors.
Hard to tell from your photo angles whether it's a 2N, 9N, or 8N.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! yeah tough getting around it in that barn full of stuff! She was offered $1,000 for it years ago and didn't take it but is curious to try sell it now. Any idea what could be considered a rare feature if one exists? I'm gonna see if I can identify it at all. Is there a market for tractors like these that event ran in awhile?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks! yeah tough getting around it in that barn full of stuff! She was offered $1,000 for it years ago and didn't take it but is curious to try sell it now. Any idea what could be considered a rare feature if one exists? I'm gonna see if I can identify it at all. Is there a market for tractors like these that event ran in awhile?
It might have a "Sherman" transmission, you can check by looking for a lever slightly ahead of the clutch pedal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Take a few pictures of the wheel hubs . They are diferent from 9N, 2N , 8N and JAA. Also if you can get to the side of the tractor the serial number and model are usually placed here. Identifying Your Ford Tractor.

Also "Serial numbers on the 9N-2N and 8N tractors are located on the left side of the engine block, just below the head and behind the oil filter " There are different wheels on the 9N and 2N from the later 8N and beyound. You can see photos of different Fords on Ford Tractor Serial Number and Model Identification but this video is one of the best that show the differences and model numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts