Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I have a 1967 Massy 135, on the back I have put an Oxdale log splitter. I have a hydraulic trailer pipe going to the rear of the tractor which I have connected the feed line to the splitter, I have returned the oil by removing the allen key grub screw under the seat on the left hand side. The problem I have is for me to use the splitter I need the hydraulic pump to be in constant pumping but this causes the link arms to raise which means that the bed of the splitter then is to high to operate.
Is there anyway you can lock the link arms in place whilst maintaining the pumping to the log splitter, I was hoping this could be done without a mechanical locking aid (chaining the link arms down).
Thanks
In advance

·
Registered
413 Posts
I think chaining them down may cause too much stress. I would probably sit the splitter on the ground and undo the link arms, then when ready to move, re-attach them, and move. If thats possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply R.J, I was thinking it may cause to much stress or even for a chain to snap having the potential to cause an injury. I already just mount it on a log and keep the top link attach to prevent it toppling, looks like ile have to keep going it this way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts