Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a VERY complete Pony. I have only found one piece missing and I can't find a picture/name or supplier anywhere. The hood is held in place using what I would describe as a piece of 3/4" wide maybe 3/16 flatstock in the shape I would call an elongated flat bottom "S". The hook is on a loose bolt, put a little down pressure on it and it grabs the top of the hook and stays put. I have one on one side and will try to copy it but would rather have original. I can't even find mention of it or know what to call it. I've searched latch, hook hold down, tension etc etc. In looking at photos many Ponys have a bolt and washer in its place but I would love to find the original hook, I think it is slick. Any help pointing me to it or if you have one to sell would be appreciated.
Thanks
Ron

·
Registered
413 Posts
Maybe you could post a picture of it. I dont remember seeing anything like that on any ponys I have owned or looked at. Hood has always just been bolted on. Welcome to the forum

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you could post a picture of it. I dont remember seeing anything like that on any ponys I have owned or looked at. Hood has always just been bolted on. Welcome to the forum
Hi RJ
It took my a little while to figure out how to load these. I hope I do it right

the last picture shows it hooked. Apply a little pressure on the hood and press it in, it unhooks. (middle picture) the other picture is the piece out of the tractor. The bolt and ny-lok give it enough travel to hook. Now that I have this one out I am pretty sure I can make it but would still like to know if it is available.
BTW this is my first post, sorry if it is too long.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Yes, your post is fine. I can see the photos good.
I Think you will probably have to make that piece tho.
I have never saw one with a hood that latched like that.
Thanks for the pictures

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, your post is fine. I can see the photos good.
I Think you will probably have to make that piece tho.
I have never saw one with a hood that latched like that.
Thanks for the pictures
Yes, I made it last night, not identical but real close, once installed it won't be seen. Thanks,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Or they will forget the details as they walk from one side of the tractor to the other. Maybe I'm just ttalking aboiut myself.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Or they will forget the details as they walk from one side of the tractor to the other. Maybe I'm just ttalking aboiut myself.
Way too small a difference to notice. A bolt in a slot however would have been easy to spot. Both sides look identical with the hood on. Thanks,

·
Super Moderator
8,193 Posts
With these old tractors we often have to be creative. Glad you got 'er done!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts