Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a #11 Massey Harris Manure spreader, in great condition, ready to use, sold for $400

Massey Harris 444 pretty good condition. It did have a few minor changes. Biggest thing was tires. It sold for $2700.

After market 3 pt on 444.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
gordon1121 said:
Looks like you went to one heck of a sale. Love the grill on that 444.
They have this consignment auction every March & August at the city 15 acre park, and it's always cram packed full. Over 2000 bidders there yesterday. they run 4 auctioneers most of the day.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I can't believe a 444 WITHOUT power steering. That old thing looks pretty good, but it's be prettier on this side of the river Steve....when are you delivering it here so I can be sure and be home ??? :D :D

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
missouri massey man said:
I can't believe a 444 WITHOUT power steering. That old thing looks pretty good, but it's be prettier on this side of the river Steve....when are you delivering it here so I can be sure and be home ??? :D :D
It does have factory power steering. As for as delivery, I'll talk to the new owner and see if he'll deliver :roll: :lol:. Yeah, I know him. He lives 10-15 miles from me.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I'd have had to buy the muck spreader.... great to see thanks

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
4imnotright said:
It does have factory power steering. As for as delivery, I'll talk to the new owner and see if he'll deliver :roll: :lol:. Yeah, I know him. He lives 10-15 miles from me.
Where is it hidden or is there something I'm not seeing in the picture Steve ? Looks like the steering shaft is straight between the two knuckles....

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
4imnotright said:
[quote="missouri massey man":jf0qkk8d]I can't believe a 444 WITHOUT power steering. That old thing looks pretty good, but it's be prettier on this side of the river Steve....when are you delivering it here so I can be sure and be home ??? :D :D
Where is it hidden or is there something I'm not seeing in the picture Steve ? Looks like the steering shaft is straight between the two knuckles....[/quote:jf0qkk8d]
Factory power steering is in the steering gear box

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
That's a new one on me. The parts special i have had the power steering on the shaft like the normal 44's. Not ever being around the specials except at occasionally at a show, I didn't even know their was a factory PS in the (or on) the steering box !!! .....and to think that I call myself a massey man :oops: :oops: :oops: The next time I see one, I will check it out.

·
Registered
483 Posts
My dad bought one of those #11 spreaders new in the fall of 1956. We used it a lot and the jack had to sit on a wide plank so we could hook it back to the tractor after we used the loader to fill it up.

I think that 444 had power steering by Arm Strong. I'm sure my paper work never mentioned a factory power steering unit option. I have seen a bendix set up on several different 44's and a 333 with front loaders. It had a unit run by the fan belt on the right side front.

:D Al

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

This is a scan of the power steering gear box from the 333-444 parts manual. Both tractors used the same gear box

Here's a photo of my 333 with factory power steering

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just looked in my Massey Harris data book. Power steering was available as an option on both tractors for $135

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Man, you sure got me with that one Steve. I had no idea there was such a thing as a power steering sector assembly. Now, you know I'm gonna have to look real closely at the next 333 or 444 Special I see. Thanks for the enlightenment sir !!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts