Continential F140

gasoline

4-cylinder

liquid-cooled

140 ci [2.3 L]

Bore/Stroke: 3.1875x4.375 inches [81 x 111 mm]

Rated RPMs: 1500

Oil capacity: 5 qts [4.7 L]

Coolant capacity: 11 qts [10.4 L] Wheelbase: 82.75 inches [210 cm] (row-crop)

76 inches [193 cm] (standard)

87 inches [220 cm] (high-arch)

Weight: 2928 to 4522 pounds

Front tire: 4.00-15

Rear tire: 11-28

PTO (claimed): 27 hp [20.1 kW]

I have a 1952 and a 1953 there is a huge difference with the 3 PT system, mostly in the 3d link hook up area.

:D Al

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Alleyooper,

Can you take a look at my last post 2-3 days ago? I need to identify what seems to be a MH 23 Mustang. I need confirmation, because I'll buy the service manual. I will also replace the sediment bowl, and I'm quite sure it will need a good tune up.

Thx

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry no one could help you out here. Alleyyooper I believe has been banned from this site for calling the people here rude, he would not have let your post go unanswered so long. I know him from mytractorforum.com.
Anyway check his sticky post with serial numbers above and where to find th serial number if the plate is missing.

·
Administrator
4,459 Posts
Sorry no one could help you out here. Alleyyooper I believe has been banned from this site for calling the people here rude, he would not have let your post go unanswered so long. I know him from mytractorforum.com.
Anyway check his sticky post with serial numbers above and where to find th serial number if the plate is missing.
No, we do not ban people here for voicing their opinion. As different opinions are what contributes to making the world an interesting place.
Al posted a new thread and the photo he posted was not viewable. After a few hours when his thread got several looks but no responses he took offense to it and hasn't been back. Even after folks posted that they couldn't see the photo.

·
Super Moderator
8,677 Posts
It seems a serial number would be helpful. I'm not a Massey guru, just a thought. I see the pic from my phone but not from my desktop. Wierd.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I know Jim, I only found numbers unrelated to serial number lists of MH on the left side of the frame.

I'll take a look friday where Alleyhooper said but I think there was nothing. Anyway.

After a lot of thinking, I discovered that someone fitted a cabin to prevent branches to slap the driver. The rods on both sides complete the system by sliding branches gently over the cabin. The exhaust pipe has the same angle, so branches won't snatch it. This MH lived most of its life in forest.

Vehicle Tree Automotive wheel system Wheel Automotive exterior

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
If your serial # tag is missing on the left main frame below the fuel tank. This is sitting on the tractor as if driving it. There is also the serial # stamped on the top center of the transmission housing. As an example, it will read either GR or G!RF and then 4 or 5 numbers. You may have to scrape paint or oil to find it, but it's there.

·
Registered
38 Posts

If your mustang has a PTO then there will be a lever where the plate is just behind the scrapings. Where that scrapings is where you will find the serial number. If your tractor does not have a PTO then you will have a plate like pictured. Would be some thing like GR23 (gas row crop model 23) then a list of numbers.

Model 23 Mustang 140 CID Cont. L head engine and 3 point hitch.

1952 1,001
1953 1,666
1954 4,346
1955 4,553

As I said I know Al since we both are MH people which is sort of rare in both our areas. He told me about Ya'll viewing his post and not even saying nice pictures or can't see pictures he removed the pictures and posted Ya'll were a bunch of rude people. Told me since then he had tried to log in and using every pass word he had in his log book could not log in so is sure he is banned. If he isn't he might like to get a e mail with a new pass word.

·
Registered
279 Posts
the password thing

If your mustang has a PTO then there will be a lever where the plate is just behind the scrapings. Where that scrapings is where you will find the serial number. If your tractor does not have a PTO then you will have a plate like pictured. Would be some thing like GR23 (gas row crop model 23) then a list of numbers.

Model 23 Mustang 140 CID Cont. L head engine and 3 point hitch.

1952 1,001
1953 1,666
1954 4,346
1955 4,553

As I said I know Al since we both are MH people which is sort of rare in both our areas. He told me about Ya'll viewing his post and not even saying nice pictures or can't see pictures he removed the pictures and posted Ya'll were a bunch of rude people. Told me since then he had tried to log in and using every pass word he had in his log book could not log in so is sure he is banned. If he isn't he might like to get a e mail with a new pass word.
We all had to do new passwords, in the name of security
http://antiquetractorsforum.com/showthread.php/13001-Attention-Password-and-Security-Update

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thank you, sorry for Al, I'm new here and I didn't knew.

I found 6333A on the plate, with "Canada" under the #.

Seems to be another model - thx everybody for your help.

·
Registered
38 Posts
The number is not on the plate it is ahead of that plate clean the area real good with a bit of 220grit sand paper and clean it with a cloth with diesel or acetone on it. Should be like 23gr then a string of numbers with out and letters at the end.

I believe Al, Not you guys as we all had to change our pass words on mytractorforum.com forum and gardentractortalk.com and got notices we had to do that there well after Al could not log in here.
I went and looked a the post he made and I see every one want to comment after he removed the pictures I can see that my self.

I had probably just shut up before I get kicked off then the Massey people will be up the creek since it appears no else has much experience with them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello

I have a 1956 Massey Harris Mustang # 23
for only 3 days, and this is my first tractor
please if someone could tell me which oils to use
that would be very much appreciated

I have no information about the maintenance
I search everywhere on google but can't find
the right model, I am thinking of buying the manual on Ebay
but for now I can't ...

The engine runs great and I would like to take care of it
I am going to use this small tractor only to clear snow from my yard

·
Super Moderator
8,677 Posts
In my climate I would use 15-40 conventional oil. It is rated for diesel engines and works fine in gasoline engines. The owners and service manuals are still good tools to have.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Ok thank you (y), I have to change everything the oils
the seller said he had changed everything
but I see water in the hydraulics, then the transmission freezes :confused:

So I add a product to reduce water, but only to test
then I was able to run the transmission, and as the Governor seems to connect
behind the hydraulic pump, this too seemed to cause a problem when the tractor forced

Here today, it is -25 degrees celsius without the wind factor
and I installed a Block Heater on the radiator pipe
which helps a lot when starting

Thank you for your help :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts