Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, kinda new to Masseys when I picked up and 53 mustang. she runs great other than needing a water pump and radiator.. Got the water pump refurbished and the radiator was just recored and restored and on its way back home. (taken lots and lots of phone calls and research to find parts and experts). now on to some other items such as the front loader. trying to find info on the original loader. She does have her original loader but it looks to be modified and I cant seem to find any info on how it was originally with the hydraulics and how the bucket dump worked. can anyone show me pictures or tell me where I can find a diagram? the modifications someone had done was adding two more lift cylinders and whatever they did put too much stress on it and she now has some cracks that need welded which I am working on now. Just would love to know how the original set up was so I can put it back.
Thanks

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey, kinda new to Masseys when I picked up and 53 mustang. she runs great other than needing a water pump and radiator.. Got the water pump refurbished and the radiator was just recored and restored and on its way back home. (taken lots and lots of phone calls and research to find parts and experts). now on to some other items such as the front loader. trying to find info on the original loader. She does have her original loader but it looks to be modified and I cant seem to find any info on how it was originally with the hydraulics and how the bucket dump worked. can anyone show me pictures or tell me where I can find a diagram? the modifications someone had done was adding two more lift cylinders and whatever they did put too much stress on it and she now has some cracks that need welded which I am working on now. Just would love to know how the original set up was so I can put it back.
Thanks
well im no expert on these, most of the time there was no proper loader for old tractors like this, plenty of aftermarket ones put on after, so looking like it was modified makes sence. as for how it works just guessing from my experence with other loaders from that period its probably a trip bucket and the hydraulics would be taped into the same line that runs the 3pt, thell probably be a valve of some kind to switch between running the 3pt and the loader

1 - 2 of 2 Posts