Antique Tractors Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

McCormick-Deering W6 at the Canterbury Vintage Club a beautiful autumn day with some nice tractors.

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
Beautiful tractor. I have had the pleasure of driving two diff ones around that my frined Harold owns and I really like them

·
Registered
449 Posts
That picture brings back many memories of a tractor that looked almost the same. I repainted it after I got it running, thinking I would keep it forever. I was used to Farmall Ms and the W6 was so different. It WAS NOT a road tractor like the Ms. Uncomfortable and odd, I did not like it. It sat around for a couple years doing odd jobs until one day I was given an old 3 bottom MM pull plow. I plowed the garden, I plowed a couple small fields to scour the plow. I plowed more, until I realized that was what that tractor was made for. It wasn't awkward any more. I parked it proudly right next to my favorite M. It was one of the last tractors to go. I didn't sell it at my farm sale because I hoped to keep it a while longer. I finally had to sell it but I found it a good home with a friend. 25 years later he still has it and it is well cared for. I have even plowed with it several times, it is still hooked to that MM plow....James

·
Super Moderator
1,613 Posts
Good looking W6, I see he's changed the seat, wise thinking not so tough on the old spine.

·
Registered
926 Posts
Great looking tractor; ihave never gotten the opportunity to drive one of these; although i have done some limited time on its bigger brother the WD-9. Thank You.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts