Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Massey may not be considered an antique but it is over 25 years old. It still has many years of excellent use left. I'm certain it will outlive me BUT......
My beef is about replacement parts. I have electrical issues because a fuse box has become periodically useable. That means the fuse becomes loose in the box and cuts off electrical flow. Called the dealer to buy a new one. "Gee were sorry but you need to buy the complete harness to get the fuse box. Gee Golly were also sorry because that part is no longer available. They contacted the original supplier to MF only to learn they didn't make any or had any in stock. They suggested trying to find something from a local auto store.

The local auto store said " sorry Charlie" so don't have anything.

Well what the F876547k! this tractor is OK to work , engine, pto, loader, etc. works fine. I guess I'll have to make something up. Any ideas?//

PS the local NAPA store suggested I buy and older tractor. ALL parts are available for them. 9 fuse slots.jpg
9 fuse slots.jpg

·
Administrator
4,317 Posts
Question: How many fuses are having that problem? If not more than two....
can you move what's affected to the two spares you have? Then swap the wires with a soldering iron or if they're crimped......cut and butt splice.
If more than two do a google search for automotive fuse block. Take your pick of what would best fit, and make certain it's rated for 30 amp fuses.
They won't be original, and you may have to add a bracket and drill a couple of holes, but they will work.

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
My Massey may not be considered an antique but it is over 25 years old. It still has many years of excellent use left. I'm certain it will outlive me BUT......
My beef is about replacement parts. I have electrical issues because a fuse box has become periodically useable. That means the fuse becomes loose in the box and cuts off electrical flow. Called the dealer to buy a new one. "Gee were sorry but you need to buy the complete harness to get the fuse box. Gee Golly were also sorry because that part is no longer available. They contacted the original supplier to MF only to learn they didn't make any or had any in stock. They suggested trying to find something from a local auto store.
The local auto store said " sorry Charlie" so don't have anything.
Well what the F876547k! this tractor is OK to work , engine, pto, loader, etc. works fine. I guess I'll have to make something up. Any ideas?//
PS the local NAPA store suggested I buy and older tractor. ALL parts are available for them. View attachment 22152 View attachment 22152

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
I had that problem with my new holland skid steer. Those fuse boxes are cheaply made. Parts stores sell a similar fuse box in the electrical connection section. Ten fuse holder. Replace the box. Mark your wires. The new box has screw connections on the box.
Sorry about the blank post above.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
After days of searching and input from my local NAPA dealer and a Massey Ferguson dealer I installed the fuse box shown below.

After returning to this thread, my problem was searching for the term "Fuse Box" instead of "Fuse Block". If I had read Modeer318 response, I'd have saved myself days of grief.

Thanks guys you were helpful, I am just not a mechanic!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts