Antique Tractors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a MF 135, 3 cylinder gas (1971-ish), with a broken carburetor mounting flange. I have seen a wide range of carbs and prices. What is the correct replacement carb for this tractor and best place to buy?
Thanks

·
Administrator
4,309 Posts
Here is the part numbers for the Perkins engine in the 135 from AGCO' s web site.
I don't know what the difference is if any with the suffixed letter.
A search of each part number brought me to the same replacenent carbs.
I like buying from All States Ag for used rebuilt and new parts for these old tractors.
1517099M93(A) CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (ZENITH #013338F)
1517099M92(B) CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (ZENITH #013338E)
1517099M91(B) CARBURETOR ASSEMBLY (ZENITH #013338)

There was also a Continental 4 cylinder engine used in older models.It used a Marvel Schebler TSX882

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
Some carbs often have a tag attached to it with an identifying number.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have seen replacement carbs for the MF135 ranging from $35 all the way up to $350+. That is a very wide range. Are there that much differences between them? They all claim the same part number and application. Any differences between Zenith and Marvel?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I would probably go as close to whats on it as i could. That way you would have some interchangeable parts from the old one, in you ever needed them. If a Marvel was on it I would get the Marvel. If a Zenith was on it, I would get that.

·
Super Moderator
8,492 Posts
I would probably go as close to whats on it as i could. That way you would have some interchangeable parts from the old one, in you ever needed them. If a Marvel was on it I would get the Marvel. If a Zenith was on it, I would get that.
Thats what I'd do. Spare parts are sooner or later can be a plus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Project update
Carb is a Zenith with 2-3/4” bolt spacing. So, Marvel carb won’t fit.
After thinking it over, I decided to try a repair.
I cut and bent two nails and placed them in recesses in the casting flange across the crack. After cleaning the casting, I glued the parts together and filled in the recesses with JB Weld. Then bolted the parts to a flat plate to cure. Once cured, filed the flange flat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts